Download Job Description (also listed below) - pdf
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: Immediately
- Promote the mission and vision of Fox Valley Lutheran High School
- To ensure the buildings and grounds be maintained to a condition of operating excellence
- To work with the Coordinating Council, teachers and custodial staff for the best interest of the school’s buildings and grounds
- Plan, direct, supervise and assist in carrying out all facilities, maintenance, repair and custodial operations
- To maintain a close relationship with the Director of Operations to assure that the program and policies of the Board of Regents are carried out in an efficient and uniform manner
- Ensure that all safety and health standards and codes as required by local, state or federal law for public buildings and grounds are met, maintained and proper records kept in pursuit of meeting safety and health standards and codes. Keep the school apprised of new or emerging safety, health or environmental issues, standards or codes.
- Ensure compliance with all operations and maintenance Board policies and administrative procedures.
- Attend and participate in informational and technical training workshops, courses and seminars as they relate to safe and healthy facilities.
- Supervision, Planning and Inspection
- Assume responsibility for supervising and participation in the upkeep of school facilities and grounds on a daily basis and establish special maintenance, repair and custodial projects.
- Inspect all school facilities, facilities components, grounds and building and grounds equipment on a regular basis, using an evaluative written (or electronic) checklist to determine the high standards of maintenance, repair, cleanliness, safety and security are maintained.
- Maintain written records of such inspections and corrective actions taken.
- Assist in the supervision and inspection of all facilities construction, renovation and/or repair projects performed by outside contractors or vendors.
- Keep the Director of Operations informed of problems in the building or on the grounds.
- Human Resource Management
- Conduct screenings, interviews, orientation and evaluation of all maintenance, custodial and grounds staff.
- o Assist all custodial personnel by troubleshooting and/or answering questions and problems as they arise.
- o Approve all personnel time cards, overtime and leave and vacation requests.
- Business and Finance
- Purchase, receive, process and maintain an inventory of all materials, supplies and equipment.
- Assume responsibility for the development and implementation of the annual operations and maintenance budgets and long-range planning.
- Identify energy efficiency opportunities to contain or lower energy costs.
- Establish and maintain and effective working relationship with all departments and community.
- Develop positive relationships with staff, parents, Federation members, community members and other community organizations and respond to concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Notify Director of Operations of any safety issues requiring notification of school personnel, students, parents, and/or community.
This will be an hourly position with expectations that this person will work at least 40 hours per week, and extra hours when required (i.e., snow removal). The normal work day will be in the time frame from 7:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. There may be times when weekend work will be required.
Applicants must be a member in good standing of a WELS/ELS congregation.