Academic Resource Center (ARC) Assistant
Download Job Description (also listed below) - pdf
Application Deadline: Until position is filled
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Pay Range: $10-$12/Hour, Based on Experience
The job of ARC Assistant was established for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program with specific responsibilities for maintaining the library and media collections at the school site; identifying age appropriate resources for students and teachers utilizing library and media resources; selecting appropriate items in support of classroom instruction; and performing clerical functions related to collection, processing, circulation, maintenance, and inventory of library materials and/or textbooks, as well as assisting as the first line in troubleshooting technology issues.
- Active member of a WELS/ELS congregation
- Committed student of God’s Word through personal and public Bible study
- Committed to Christian education
- Strong and age-appropriate interpersonal skills with teenagers and adults
- Positive/friendly disposition and demeanor
- Strong organizational skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Trustworthy, exercising discretion
- Self-sufficient and resourceful
- Strong desire to learn and help others
- Must be willing to undergo a background check
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Ability to organize and set priorities
- Knowledge of general office equipment: copy machine, printer, fax machine, laminator etc.
- Must have strong classroom management / supervision abilities
- Proficient with technology
- Ability to deal with students in a God pleasing and Christian attitude
- Knowledge of library procedures a plus
- Knowledge of Destiny Library Management Software a plus
- Is accountable to the Academic Resource Center Coordinator, the Curriculum Director, the Principal and the At-Risk Coordinator.
- Is managed by the Academic Resource Center Coordinator
- Hours coincide with the school day. Starting time is 15 minutes before the school day starts, and ending time is 15 minutes after the end of the school day. (7:45-3:30 on regular school days)
- Assists in ordering supplies and equipment for the purpose of ensuring availability as needed.
- Assists in processing notices of missing, damaged, or overdue library books, media, and materials for the purpose of providing and/or maintaining access to library resources and securing reimbursement for losses.
- Assists teachers, students and administrators for the purpose of identifying resource materials for use in classroom and/or class assignments.
- Evaluates books, media, and/or periodicals for retention within collection (e.g. repairing damaged books, recommending retirement of books, media, periodicals, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of books and library materials.
- Maintains materials inventory and equipment (e.g. library books, library hardware/software, audio books, media equipment, computers, magazines, newspapers, and related instructional materials, etc.) for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference and ensuring the availability of materials and equipment when required.
- Operates a variety of media equipment, computer equipment, and systems (e.g. computers, printers, smart boards, laminators, etc.) for the purpose of providing library media services to students and staff.
- Performs circulation activities (e.g. item check-in and check-out, lists of overdue items, etc.) for the purpose of controlling the use, location and availability of items in the collection.
- Staffs the Circulation Desk and supervises student volunteers
- Prepares manual and electronic documents and reports (e.g. collection statistics, scheduling reports/requests, renewal information, overdue lists, fines, costs, etc.) for the purpose of providing documentation and information to others.
- Performs printer balance checks and payments, as well as payment for material checkout - (laptop, laptop case, Lenovo Pens etc).
- Assists in maintaining physical appearance of library
- Creates and maintains displays and bulletin boards
- Supervises/serves/assists students in the At-Risk program and any other students who are assigned to the Academic Resource Center for study/support
- Assists with troubleshooting student laptops and other technology issues.
- Annual review by the Academic Resource Center Coordinator and the Curriculum Director