Communications Assistant #2 (New Position)
Download Job Description (also listed below) - pdf
Application Deadline: December 15
Start Date: January 8
Pay Range: $11-$13/Hour, Based on Experience and Qualifications
IMPORTANT NOTE: This position was created because of the press of duties during the Let the Children Come building expansion campaign over the next year and a half. It is approved for 18 months and has the potential of becoming a permanent position at the end of that time. This position is full-time (8 hours per day) during the school year August 15-June 15. Some on-call hours may be needed over the summer.
The Assistant to the Communications Director shall be dedicated to Christian education. The person shall be skilled in basic photography, basic graphic design, word-processing and database management, presentation software (PowerPoint) as well as email and document management. The person shall possess strong communication and organization skills, and display a willingness to work with both young people and adults. The person shall be an active member of an FVL Federation congregation.
- This role is directly responsible to the Communication Director and ultimately to the Principal.
- The role primarily aims to communicate with the “internal” FVL constituency—parents, students—domestic and international, At times this may include pastors, principals, and other FVL support groups including Fans of Foxes and Music Parents
- This role works closely with the FVL Enrollment Office, Guidance Office, and International Program Office in communication matters.
- This role works closely with the FVL Schools Communications Coordinator to coordinate messaging and assignments.
The person performs the following duties: (other duties may be added but only in consultation with the Communications Director)
- Data entry for Communications Office promotional events.
- Management of Communication Office phone contacts with Federation principals, schools, parents, students)
- Scheduling and organizing of promotional events including Little Foxes Reading Visits (3K & 4K), Kinderfest, 1st -2nd Grade Tours, Foxtail Meadow Tours, 4th Grade Poster Contest, Meet The Foxes (3-4th grades), Fox Treks (5-6th grades), Discover FVL Day, & 8th Grade Welcome Night.)
- Post FVL school-related items to the FVL Social Media Channels & to the FVL sign.
- Layout and design of programs and publications for various internal school events or groups including STEM Academy/Robotics, Culture & Cuisine, Homecoming, Prom, Band/Choir Concerts, LVW, Guidance, etc.)
- Work with Activities Director & FVL Schools Communications Coordinator to promote FVL Youth sports options (including events like Math Bowl and Forensics Festival)
- Assist with the design of promo items for Enrollment Office.
- Work with Communications Director in photography of major school events.
- Organize and supervise students/volunteers for special events/projects.
- Keeps filing of important Communication Office records up-to-date.
- Maintains inventory of materials/publications used in their area of responsibility in Communication Office.
- Assists with large copy jobs for Communications Assistant #1
- Assist with set up and rotation of school display cases.