...assisting students in finding high school
Fox Valley Lutheran High School wants its students on all levels
to succeed. Realizing that many students come to the high school
behind their classmates in performance, the Guided Studies program
was established in 1999.
Outside Class Help
1) All Guided Studies students have two study halls each day
held in the Guided Studies room.
2) The Guided Studies teacher monitors the progress of
each student by . . .
- requiring students to use assignment notebooks for each class.
(Teachers initial each assignment.)
- weekly grade reports to the students from their teachers.
- keeping in close contact with other teachers to know upcoming
assignments, areas of special help, and any missing
Guided Studies Classes
1) All students signed up for Pre-Algebra are
tested. Those who need remedial help take individualized basic math
with the Guided Studies teacher. These students are retested at the
end of the academic year to see if they are ready to advance to
2) A senior-level course entitled Individualized Math for
Daily Living is available for Guided Studies students.
3) A senior-level course entitled Communications is
available for Guided Studies students.