Algebra 1 and Spanish Placement Tests
Every spring, FVL offers placement tests for math and Spanish. This test is used to assess whether your child is ready for the more advanced level classes in these subjects. If students feel they are ready to move beyond Algebra 1 or Spanish 1, the tests must be taken to qualify for entrance into the more advanced courses.
Testing Dates in May of 2018
No registration is needed and there is no cost for the tests.
- Algebra - May 25 from 1:00 - 2:00 PM
- Spanish - May 25 from 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- Algebra - May 29 from 9:00 - 10:00 AM
- Spanish - May 29 from 10:00 - 11:00 AM
If these dates and times do not work, please contact the freshman guidance counselor Mr. Tom Guenterberg to make other arrangements.
The Day of the Test
- Please enter through the Bell Tower entrance, and follow the signs to the Academic Resource Center (library).
- Students may take one or both tests on the same day if desired.
- Calculators are not allowed.
- Students do not need to bring anything to the test -- they will be provided with everything they need.
- Parents are welcome to wait in the commons (cafeteria area) at FVL during the test.
- If students complete the test before the time is up, they are welcome to leave when they are finished.
After the Test
- Results will be mailed to the families by the end of June.
- If students are approved to advance to the higher level course, parents may choose to not take that option for their child. Contact Mr. Tom Guenterberg, the freshman guidance counselor, to make the adjustment to the schedule
Please contact Mr. Tom Guenterberg