Academic Policy - Incomplete Work
For work that is incomplete due to illness or another unplanned absence:
- The due date will be extended one school day (minimum) for each day absent from that class.
- The teacher will coordinate make-up dates for quizzes/tests with the student upon return to school.
- Work still incomplete past the revised deadline will be designated as late (details are below).
Students who miss an assignment deadline or an in-class assessment due to a pre-planned absence should make arrangements with the instructor prior to the absence to complete the task in a timely fashion. Where possible, those arrangements should be noted in the Skyward Family Access gradebook.
An assignment will be considered late if it is not satisfactorily completed by the beginning of class the day it is due.
For incomplete work that is late
- Teachers will maintain a record of the late work using the Skyward gradebook.
- A 0% will be entered into the gradebook until the assignment is satisfactorily completed.
- The maximum grade attainable for the assignment will be lowered by 10% per school day the work is late (minimum grade remains at 50% once satisfactorily completed).
- Core assessments that remain late will result in an incomplete at the next marking period.
- Repeated offenses may result in placement into the At-Risk program.
All student work must be satisfactorily completed and submitted no later than 14 calendar days after the semester ends. All remaining non-core assessments will be given a 0%. Incomplete core assessments will result in a failing grade for the course and no credit will be given.