Thank you for your interest in employment at FVL. All current job openings are listed below.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: Starts at $15/hour
This is a hired position. It will be posted in the Federation, and interviews will be held to secure the best candidate for the position.
The Part-Time Custodial Assistant is important to the overall commitment FVL places in its custodial team to keep the school clean and in compliance with all health and safety requirements.
The Part-Time Custodial Assistant will:
- Be regular in personal and public Bible study and be grounded in God’s Word.
- Be a member in good standing with a WELS/ELS congregation.
- Be thoroughly committed to the Christian principle of discipling the young people as expressed in the mission statement and objectives of the school.
- Have basic knowledge of cleaning.
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Understand high school teens and deal with them in a rational and Christian manner.
The Part-Time Custodial Assistant should be able to maintain balance in their responsibilities at the school. This position has three primary areas of responsibilities.
The Part-Time Custodial Assistant will:
- Be accountable to the Custodial Supervisor and work closely with other team members.
- Update and advise the Facilities Manager of any known building maintenance issues.
- Work closely with the faculty and staff to support them in their roles.
- Work in a Christian-like manner with all FVL employees, especially the students and all visitors.
- Ensure that all safety, health standards, and codes that are required by local, state, and federal law for public places are met and maintained & ensure proper records are kept in pursuit of meeting safety and health standards and codes.
- Keep the Facilities Manager informed of new or emerging safety, health, and environmental issues, standards, and codes.
- Ensure all work is being done regularly, properly, and in a timely manner.
- Work with the Facilities Staff in developing the summer maintenance plan.
- Be responsible for helping clean, vacuum, dust mop, empty trash, etc. in his/her areas of responsibility throughout the entire school.
- Operate cleaning equipment.
- Assist daily with the Commons area lunch cleanup.
This position is an hourly position with the expectation of working 12-20 hours/week.
The normal workday will be established in consultation with the Facilities Manager and Custodial Supervisor. Some flexibility is needed depending on events, weather, and time of year.
This position has schedule flexibility.
The Spanish Department is in need of a maternity-leave substitute
A substitute will be needed to teach Spanish from approximately February 5-May 6.
The substitute would teach up to two sections of Spanish 1 and three sections of Spanish 2. The applicant is preferred to have experience teaching Spanish, or the ability to speak Spanish with experience in general teaching. The substitute would be responsible for lesson preparation, instruction, correcting, and grade entry. If the applicant is unavailable to cover all five classes, a partial role may be considered.
Because of our unique modified block schedule, the long-term sub would have a variable schedule depending on the days of the week.
- ODD Block Days (typically Mondays & Tuesdays) - Two 80-minute periods from 7:55-11:15 AM (with chapel)
- EVEN Block Days (typically Tuesdays & Fridays) - Three 80-minute periods from 7:55-9:16 AM AND 11:20 AM-3:15 PM (with lunch)
- 8-Period Days (typically Wednesdays) - Five 43-minute periods from 7:55-3:15 PM (with breaks & lunch)
- $80 per day (regardless of schedule) with lunch provided
- Total pay before payroll taxes: $4,080 for 51 days
FVL will pay the person hired for a couple of shadow opportunities before our faculty member's maternity leave begins, so that specific direction can be shared.
If you have any interest in the extended sub opportunity, please contact Mr. Alan Nolte at firstname.lastname@example.org.