Thank you for your interest in employment at FVL. Our current openings are below. Click the tab position title to see information and how to apply.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: Starts at $16/hour
This is a hired position. It will be posted in the Federation, and interviews will be held to secure the best candidate for the position.
The FVL Grounds Supervisor will:
- Be well-grounded in God's Word.
- Sit at the feet of Jesus through regular personal and public Bible study.
- Be an active member of a WELS or ELS congregation.
- Know and understand property and field maintenance. (This position requires outside grounds to be well-maintained at all times, including snow removal, landscaping, tree trimming, lawncare, and weeding).
- Work diligently to get all fields in playing condition and proactively plan maintenance during out-of-season times.
- Be flexible in working hours to assure fields and outside property are well-maintained and cared for.
- Work closely with and maintain positive relations with all coaches and staff.
- Organize and manage the various volunteers who are assigned to him/her.
- Understand high school teens and deal with them in a Christian manner.
- Work with the Facilities Manager and Activities Director for the best interest of the school grounds and to assure the program and policies of the Building and Grounds Committee and the Board of Regents are carried out in an efficient, timely, and uniform manner.
The Grounds Supervisor will:
SUPERVISORY & FINANCIAL
- Ensure that all safety and health standards and codes that are required by local, state, and federal law for public places are met, maintained, and proper records are kept in meeting safety and health standards and codes.
- Keep the Facilities Manager informed of new or emerging safety, health, and environmental issues, standards, or codes.
- Ensure the property and grounds of FVL are maintained in an excellent condition.
- Supervise purchase requisitions for the Business Office with the approval of the Facilities Manager.
- Assume the responsibility for supervising and participation in the upkeep of school grounds daily and establish special proactive maintenance and repair projects.
- Purchase, receive, process, and maintain all inventory of all grounds materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to develop and implement the annual property and grounds operational budget and participate in long-range planning.
- Work closely with and manage volunteers who assist with property and grounds.
- Inspect all school grounds and equipment on a regular basis, using an evaluative written (or electronic) checklist to determine high standards of maintenance, repair, cleanliness, safety, and security of school grounds, while also taking corrective action if needed.
- Assist in the supervision and inspection of all outside projects performed by outside contractors or vendors.
- Report to the Facilities Manager for projects to complete at his discretion (when extra time is available).
- Maintain all outside restrooms, including regular emptying of all outside trash receptacles.
- Keep all garages, sheds, and other buildings on the property neat and orderly.
- Maintain all outside equipment to keep it in excellent working condition (mowers, plowing equipment, etc.)
- Utilize volunteers and other team members to assist with snow removal, as not to exceed 40 hours of work each week, unless approved by the Facilities Manager.
- Give direct input to the Activities Director on the playing conditions of a given field, understanding the decision is in the Activities Director's control.
- Oversee the general maintenance of the FVL vehicle fleet.
This position is hourly with the expectation that this person will work 8 hours per day/40 hours per week, with a 30-minute lunch break. The normal workday will be established in consultation with the Facilities Manager and discussion/needs depending on events, weather, and time of year. This position will also be given a phone stipend and a credit of $3.25 per day food allowance with the FVL cafeteria.