Thank you for your interest in employment at FVL. All current job openings are listed below.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: ASAP
Pay Rate: $17-19/hour, based on experience
This is a hired position. It will be posted in the Federation, and interviews will be held to secure the best candidate for the position.
The Custodial Supervisor is responsible for the overall cleanliness of the school facility. This individual must be a person with a basic knowledge of cleaning and general maintenance. This person should be a self-starter and able to work on their own with little or no supervision. He/she must understand high school teens and deal with them in a Christian manner.
The Custodial Supervisor:
- Is accountable to the Facilities Manager and other team members of the custodial staff.
- Updates and advises the Building and Maintenance Supervisor of any building maintenance.
- Works as a team leader with other custodial staff and summer help.
- Works closely with the Activities Director on events and/or rental of the buildings.
- Works in a Christian-like manner with others of the FVL faculty and staff, and all campus visitors.
- Develops positive relationships with staff, parents, Federation members, community members, and other community organizations and respond to concerns in a timely and professional manner.
The Custodial Supervisor will:
SUPERVISORY & FINANCIAL
- Ensure that all safety and health standards and codes that are required by local, state, and federal law for public places are met, maintained, and proper records are kept in pursuit of meeting safety and health standards and codes.
- Keep the Facilities Manager informed of new or emerging safety, health, and environmental issues, standards, or codes.
- Ensure all custodial work is being done regularly, properly, and in a timely manner.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to purchase, receive, process, and maintain an inventory of all materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Assist the Facilities Manager in the development and implementation of the annual budget.
- Approve other custodial timecards, overtime, and leave/vacation requests.
- Work with Facilities Manager to submit purchase requisitions to the Business Office.
- Obtain and help oversee the remote access of the building.
- Oversee the hourly custodial positions on staff and helps to improve performance.
- Ensure building security and functionality (lights, doors, etc.).
- Oversee the schedule and cleaning of the Auditorium.
- Operate and train others to use the sweeper machine, floor scrubber, rider scrubber, and floor buffer as needed.
- Complete minor maintenance of equipment and fixtures as necessary.
- Clean, vacuum, dust, mop, and empty trash in his/her areas of responsibility throughout the entire school building.
- Oversee the sealing and waxing floors as scheduled throughout the building.
- Be included in the weekend event schedule as needed.
This position is an hourly position with the expectation this person will work roughly 8 hours per day for a total of 40 hours per week, with a 30-minute lunch break, and include full benefits.
The normal workday will be 11 AM-7 PM with some flexibility. The normal workday will be established in consultation with the Facilities Manager depending on events, weather, and time of year.
This position will also be given a phone stipend and a credit of $3.25 per day food from the FVL cafeteria.
Submit your application to President Jeff Loberger (firstname.lastname@example.org).