School-Year Full-Time, Activities Assistant
Download Job Description (also listed below) - pdf
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
Start Date: July 1, 2019
Pay Range: $12-14/Hour, based on qualifications & experience
Health insurance available for the employee or employee and dependents (excludes coverage for spouse)
The Activities Assistant will:
- Be well-grounded in God's Word, so that FVL's entire educational program is led in keeping with our mission of preparing students for lives of services and for eternity.
- Sit at the feet of Jesus through personal and public Bible study.
- Be an active member of a WELS congregation or a congregation whose synod is in fellowship with the WELS.
- Possess the self-discipline necessary to work proactively and without direct supervision.
- Be willing to learn/be trained in new programs needed to efficiently manage the Activities Office. (Knowledge of Adobe InDesign would be helpful.)
- Possess strong written communication skills.
- Possess the personality necessary to make customer service a top priority.
The Activities Assistant:
- Is hired by the Activities Director.
- Is accountable to and reports to the Activities Director.
- Works with the Business Office to order items needed for the Activities Department and all groups the Activities Department oversees.
- Works with the Guidance Department on matters of eligibility, ensuring all groups are abiding by FVL's policy of eligibility.
- Works with the Communications Department sharing information with schools, groups, and leaders outside of FVL.
The Activities Assistant works approximately 35 hours a week during the school year and one day per week during the summer.
Beginning of August - mid June
- 7:45 AM - 3:15 PM, Monday-Friday
Late June - July
- Communicates via email, fax, telephone, US mail, and personal contact and assists the Activities Director in disseminating and receiving information between the Activities Department and coaches, faculty, administration, school secretaries, parents, athletes, conference and non-conference opponents, officials, vendors, WIAA, media, and the like.
- Creates contracts, corresponds with opponents, obtains signed contracts, and maintains a file of all game contacts after Activities Director schedules the contest.
- Creates and maintains all athletic schedules and integrates with school calendars after the Activities Director schedules athletic contests and related events.
- Solicits officials availability seasonally, creates contracts, distributes and receives official contracts, and maintains a file of all officials' contracts after the Activities Director schedules games. Contact with officials will be maintained until the time of the event to ensure that all are aware of game times and sites.
- Seasonally prepares and maintains for the Business Office a schedule of officials' pay and list of entry fees for away events for daily or weekly distribution.
- Seasonally solicits from coaches awards status of each athlete, maintains cumulative file of award recipients, prepares awards for presentations, and keeps awards inventory.
- Seasonally solicits team membership from FVL coaches, creates rosters, corresponds with opponents for trading rosters, and maintain rosters for program creation.
- Creates and orders printing of home game programs for spectator sports.
- Seasonally solicits transportation needs from coaches/advisors, presents cumulative season master schedule of mode and departure to Activities Director for approval. Orders hired transportation from off-campus providers. Maintains schedule of school van use for both athletic and non-athletic users. A weekly update will be sent out to the coaches/advisors regarding what each is using for transportation the following week.
- Procures cash boxes and programs on game days and places them into the canteen. Post competition, balances ticket and canteen cash boxes as needed to assist Business Office.
- Maintains the file on current year and one-year-old physical exams and current alternate year cards.
- Maintains the file of co-curricular eligibility concerning all FVL and WIAA required forms to be submitted seasonally or annually. Makes said file avaiable for all coaches for regulating.
- Corresponds and submits required post-season information for FVL teams and individuals competing in WIAA tournaments.
- Maintains a list of athletes who have turned in travel release forms and keeps coaches informed as to which athletes are/are not using school-provided transportation.
- Orders items needed by coaches and advisors of the co-curricular activities and puts in purchase orders for Business Office use.
- Creates purchases orders for and tracks all receipts for the department's credit card.
- Is responsible for helping each coach or adivsor as they communicate with the parents or students. The assistant will help relieve some responsibility from the coaches by helping with various paperwork duties.
- Takes care of the distribution of contracts to those who are renting the facility. Files and maintains contracts and other notes regarding facility usage. Requests and files current Certificates of Insurance for each facility rental. Turns contracts into Business Office for customer billing.
- Places athletic events, co-curricular events and rental events on the various calendars where they are applicable.
- Recruits and schedules faculty members to serve as supervisors, ticket takers, score clock operators, etc. for atheltic events and maintains the sign-up list.
- Updates and maintains the sign-ups for parent volunteers in the canteen. Tracks the number of hours parents have worked to complete their required number of volunteer hours.
- Manages LeagueApps, including setting up new events and training users how to access information.
Submit your application to FVL Activities Director, Shawn Hill.