Download Job Description (also listed below) - pdf
Application Deadline: Until position is filled
Start Date: Immediately
Pay Range: $13.25-$15.25/Hour, Based on Experience & Qualifications
The FVL Custodian must be a person with a basic knowledge of cleaning and general maintenance. This person should be a self-starter and able to work on their own with little or no supervision. He/she must understand high school teens and deal with them in a rational and Christian manner.
- is accountable and reports to the Facilities Manager.
- updates and advises the Facilities Manager regarding building maintenance.
- works as a team with all other custodial staff and summer help.
- will help ensure building security (lights, doors).
- completes minor maintenance of equipment and fixtures.
- shovels snow when necessary.
- is responsible to clean, vacuum, dust, mop, empty trash in his/her areas of responsibility throughout the entire school.
- will operate sweeper machine, floor scrubber, rider scrubber and floor buffer as needed.
- will be included in the weekend duty rotation as needed.
This position is an hourly position with the expectation that this person will work 8 hours per day/40 hours per week, with a half hour break. The normal work day will be established in consultation with the Facilities Manager and may vary depending on events, weather and time of year.
Applicants must be member in good standing with a WELS/ELS church.
Hours for the second shift custodial position will be 1:30pm to 10:00pm.