Full-Time, Maintenance Supervisor
Download Job Description (also listed below) - pdf
Application Deadline: Until position is filled
Start Date: Immediately
Pay Range: $15.00-17.00/Hour, Based on Experience & Qualifications
The FVL Maintenance Supervisor must be a person with project management skills and/or experience. Electrical, plumbing and/or HVAC experience is preferred, but not required. This person will work closely with the Facility Manager in overseeing the maintenance and upkeep inside of the school building. This person must have the technical ability to use the various computer programs to properly operate the HVAC systems and maintain the preventative maintenance (PM) software. This person will work closely with and maintain a positive relationship with the custodial staff. This person will be able to organize and manage the various volunteers who are assigned to him/her. They must understand high school teens and deal with them in a rational and Christian manner. Must be a member in good standing of a WELS/ELS congregation.
The Maintenance Supervisor:
- is accountable and reports to the Facilities Manager.
- updates and advises the Facilities Manager regarding building maintenance.
- works closely with the Facilities Manager in ordering equipment and supplies and hiring contractors.
- works with and schedules the volunteers who assist with building maintenance.
- works with Custodial Supervisor to maintain building.
The Maintenance Supervisor assumes the following supervision responsibilities:
- ensures that the assigned work is being completed timely and properly.
- works with the Facilities Manager in developing the summer building maintenance plan.
- works closely with and manages the volunteers who assist with building maintenance.
- manages work done by contractors.
- assists in implementation of and maintains PM software.
- assists Facilities Manager in developing annual budget.
- assists in maintaining secure campus.
This person is responsible for the school building maintenance of the following systems and areas:
- custodial and maintenance equipment
- kitchen equipment, bleachers, lockers, furniture, flooring, etc.
- HVAC systems
- interior restrooms (toilet, sink, partitions)
- interior lighting
- fixing/repairing/problem solving issues that come through the Help Desk
- assist in cleaning, sealing, waxing floors in building
This is to be an hourly paid position with the expectation that this person will work eight (8) hours per day/forty (40) hours per week with a half hour unpaid lunch. The normal work day will be from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., but may vary depending on the time of the year. This person will be included in the weekend duty rotation. Because of the importance of having this person on-site at lunch time, FVL will contribute up to $3.25/day towards lunch from the cafeteria.