Part-Time, Business Office Assistant
Download Job Description (also listed below) - pdf
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
Start Date: July 1, 2019
Pay Range: $12-14/Hour, based on qualifications & experience
The Business Office Assistant will:
- Be well-grounded in God's Word, so that FVL's entire educational program is led in keeping with our mission of preparing students for lives of service and for eternity.
- Sit at the feet of Jesus throughregular personal and public Bible study.
- Be an active member of a WELS congregation or a congregation whose synod is in fellowship with the WELS.
- Possess a minimum of an Associates Degree in business, finance, accounting or business administration (or possess equivalent work experience).
- Possess the self-discipline necessary to work proactively and without direct supervision.
- Be proficient in the use of technology.
- Possess strong written communication skills.
The Business Office Assistant:
- Is hired by the Director of Operations.
- Is accountable to and reports to the Business Office Manager and Director of Operations.
- Is accountable to and reports to the FVL Schools Executive Team.
- Maintains relationships with all organizations that provide employee benefits.
- Coordinates billing of catering invoices with food service vendor.
- Works with the Activities Assistant to issue invoices for rental events.
- Works with the Director of Mission Advancement to provide accurate financial information to congregations, report the financial results of fundraising events, and reconcile donations.
The Business Office Assistant:
- Performs month-end reconciliation for SCRIP Office.
- Determines tuition and/or cash distributions from SCRIP rebates.
- Bills and tracks payment for all facility rental customers.
- Bills and tracks payment for ThedaCare contract.
- Enters all gifts into Raisers Edge.
- Performs bookkeeping functions for FVL Schools.
- Reconciles and reports out regularly on non-budgeted funds (i.e. clubs, gifts, etc.).
- Assists with regular audits of all financial systems.
- Maintains a fixed asset and inventory control system.
- As necessary, works with Wisconsin Surplus Auction to see old equipment/furniture.
- Pays invoices in a timely manner. (This position will become the lead for accounts payable.)
- Bills and tracks payment for all catering invoices.
- Submits Special Milk claims on a monthly basis.
- Reconciles student eFund payments for food service to Skyward.
- Creates and reconciles cash boxes for all athletics and activities.
- Works with the Activities Assistant to pay officials and entrance fees for athletics and activities.
- Provides annual updates to Communications for the Reduced Lunch form.
- Administers and tracks all training required by Wisconsin statutes or grants.
- Prepares, distributes, and collects all new hire paperwork.
- Processes all background checks and Motor Vehicle Record checks.
- Supports employees with their enrollment in all benefits approved by the Board of Regents.
- Prepares, distributes, and submits 1095-B and 1095-C forms as required by the IRS.
- The position will be 25-29 hours/week and is not eligible for insurance.
Submit your application to Director of Operations Martha Baldwin (email@example.com).