PLTW Biomedical Science Pathway
College Credit Capable
Milwaukee School of Engineering - Transcripted Credit
Students who attend MSOE may earn college credit for certain PLTW courses. Learn more at msoe.edu.
To earn credit, a student will need:
- A grade of B or better in the course
- A score of 7 or higher on the end-of-course exam
- To pay a $200 fee
Biomedical Innovation is the final course of the PLTW Biomedical Science sequence. Students build on the knowledge and skills gained from the previous courses to design innovative solutions for the most pressing health challenges of the 21st century. Students address topics ranging from public health and biomedical engineering to clinical medicine and physiology. They have the opportunity to work on an independent design project with a mentor or advisor from a university, medical facility, or research institution.
- Prerequisite: Medical Interventions
- Required: No
- Note: In order to stay in the course for the full year, a student must have a B- at the semester.
- COLLEGE CREDIT CAPABLE
- Grade 12
- PPA - STEM Biomedical Science