PPA-STEM - Human Body Systems (HBS)
Grades 10, 11, 12
PLTW Biomedical Science Pathway
College Credit Capable
Milwaukee School of Engineering - Transcripted Credit
Students who attend MSOE may earn college credit for certain PLTW courses. Learn more at msoe.edu. The comparable college course is BI-1002.
To earn credit, a student will need:
- A grade of B or better in the course
- A score of 7 or higher on the end-of-course exam
- To pay a $200 fee
Through projects such as determining the identity of a skeleton using both forensic anthropology and DNA analysis, students examine the interactions of human body systems and apply what they know to solve real-world medical cases.
- Prerequisite: Principles of Biomedical Science or junior/senior with instructor approval
- Required: No
- Note: In order to stay in the course for the full year, a student must have a B- at the semester.
- COLLEGE CREDIT CAPABLE
- Grade 10
- Grade 11
- Grade 12
- PPA - STEM Biomedical Science