SCI-00 - SCIENCE DEPT
3 credits required for graduation
3 credits required for college admission
(2-3 lab science credits)
- Biology (BIO), Physics (PHYS), and Chemistry (CHEM) are recommended for most average or above-average students planning on attending college.
- Astronomy (ASTRON), Geology (GEOLG), Meteorology (METEOR), and Environmental Issues (ENVIRO) may be taken in place of Physics or Chemistry if the student has difficulty in science or math.
- College-bound students are required to earn 3 science credits, two of which must be what colleges consider "lab sciences." These include Biology, Chemistry/College Chemistry (CCHEM), and Physics/College Physics (CPHYS). Students should see their counselor for more information.
- Universities do not consider Physical Science (PHSCI), Astronomy, Geology, Meteorology, or Environmental Issues "lab sciences."
- In some cases, a STEM course may be considered a lab science depending on the institution of learning.
- Grade 09
- Grade 10
- Grade 11
- Grade 12