Volunteer Service Program
Gal. 6:10: Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
Program Overview: FVL's Volunteer Service Program exists to offer students an opportunity to receive non-graded transcript credit for service activities in which they participate. While enrolled at FVL, students may receive a credit for the time spent serving their Lord as Sunday School teachers, VBS teachers, volunteer activities at FVL, ushers, camp counselors and a variety of other activities. College admissions personnel and scholarship review committees consider volunteer activities as an increasingly important component of an applicant's qualifications.
Naviance - x2Vol (Time to Volunteer) is a part of Naviance that tracks and reports community service hours. These hours will be documented in Naviance Student. Once you've logged in, click on the x2VOL link at the bottom of the page. Each student will receive instruction on this program either in the computer lab with Mr. Guenterberg, or through their guidance counselor.
- Choose a service activity in your church or community.
- Log into your x2VOL account via Naviance to record and submit your volunteer hours. Once hours have been verified by your activity supervisor, Mrs. Gilmet will review the information and approve volunteer hours.
Examples of Volunteer Service
Yard Work for Shut-Ins
Hmong Sunday School
Sunday School Teacher/Assistant
Nursery Room Helper
Jesus Cares Teacher/Helper (at FVL)
American Cancer Society
Volunteer Program at AMC/St. Elizabeth's Hospital
Nursing Home Volunteer
Big Brother/Big Sister
Student Council Activities
Future Foxes Shadowing
Fox Fest Helper
Activities that are compensated (e.g. church organist) do not qualify for the program
Calculation of Volunteer Hours and Restrictions
- The number of volunteer activity hours determines the amount of service credits awarded on the student's transcript. The hours are continuous over 4 years. You can receive more than 1 credit. These hours may accumulate from single or multiple simultaneous activities.
- 25 hours: .25 credit
- 50 hours: .5 credit
- 75 hours: .75 credit
- 100 hours: 1 credit
- When an above credit level is reached, it will be added to the student's transcript. Hours approved from May 1-Nov. 30 will go on Semester 1 transcripts. Hours approved from Dec. 1-Apr. 30 will go on Semester 2 transcripts. Volunteer hours appear on your transcript as Service Activity credits.
- Some restrictions include:
- Travel time can be considered as part of your volunteer time.
- Activities that are compensated (i.e. church organist) do not qualify
- There is a max of 25 hours/activity/year (Sunday school teaching, camp counselor, mission trips, etc.)