Ladies Guild Memorial Scholarship
Award Grants of up to $500 for 2019-20 School Year
Given in honor of the many dedicated women who honored FVL with their voluntary service and financial gifts from the 1950’s through today.
To be eligible, the student needs to:
- Be enrolled as a full-time FVL freshman or new student for the 2019-20 school year.
- Demonstrate financial need according to the guidelines established for FVL financial aid and verified through the FACTS application process.
- Write a 250-word application essay on the value that you – as a student – have found in Christian education.
- Submission deadline for the completed application is midnight April 20, 2019.
- Applicants will be notified of scholarship awards in May 2019.
- Any applicant that receives a voucher through School Choice must forfeit the scholarship.
Scholarship Essay Writing Guidelines:
All essays should ...
- clearly answer the essay question below.
- be 250 words or less.
- be typed double-spaced with 1-inch margins.
- be well-organized and follow basic rules of punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- be emailed to Krista Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
In 250 words or less, describe what your Christian education has meant to you and why would you like to continue your Christian education at Fox Valley Lutheran High School.
FVL Ladies Guild Financial Aid Fund
The FVL Ladies Guild Financial Aid Fund is an endowment fund established as a memorial to the FVL Ladies Guild and their dedicated service to the high school since 1953. The fund was established in November 2011 with an initial gift of $10,000. The purpose of this fund is to provide tuition assistance, especially to new families and those sending their first child to FVL.
The fund is to be managed by FVL as a segregated fund. Grants of up to $500 will be provided annually from new gifts to the fund (unless otherwise specified) and the earnings of the fund; the start-up gift of $10,000 is to stay intact. Grants are to be made at the recommendation of the FVL Principal and the FVL Student Services Committee at their annual spring financial aid meeting. During his tenure at FVL, David Payne may serve in the granting process. A minimum of two grants will be provided at the annual spring financial aid meeting.
The school is to use this initial gift as seed money to build a higher endowment to assist families and to hold an annual appeal to continue to build the assets of this fund.
Date: January 24, 2012
Revised: January 29, 2019