Hosting an International Student
Why do families choose to host?
Families host for a wide variety of reasons. At the center is the desire for the family to open its home to an individual who might otherwise never have the chance to learn of their Savior. Other reasons for hosting include learning of other cultures or participating in an exciting new experience.
If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Monica Uhlenbrauck for further information.
The International Student Program at Fox Valley Lutheran H.S. is the direct result of host families who open their homes to students from all over the world. This is a wonderful opportunity for families to learn about other cultures and share their Christian faith.
- Who can host, and what is required?
- How do students and hosts get paired?
- Am I obligated to host for multiple years?
- Should I plan outings to share our culture?
- What do I do if I have a question or need help?
- Is there a stipend, and if so, is it taxable?
- What is expected of host families?
- What can I expect of the student?
- How do expenses and medical care work?
- How well can international students speak English?
- What are the major challenges for host families?