WI Special Needs Scholarship Program (SNSP)
Students can apply from July 1 through June 30.
The state of Wisconsin currently offers a Special Needs Scholarship Program (SNSP) through a number of private schools across the state. FVL was accepted into this program for 2020-21.
Students with a disability are welcome at Fox Valley Lutheran High School. Enrollment in the Special Education program requires an Individual Education Plan (IEP), an Individual Service Plan (ISP), or a Private School Services Plan (PSSP). FVL will work to meet the needs of each student with a disability on an individual basis, by following--to the best of our ability--the accommodations and modifications listed in the student’s IEP, ISP, or PSSP.
- The enrollment process as administered by the Wisconsin DPI is similar to the process used in the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP).
- A state-mandated application process is followed, but there is no family income requirement.
- The school at which the student enrolls as a part of the SNSP program received a designated voucher amount as determined by the state.
- Once granted, the SNSP scholarship voucher amount continues to be sent to the school until the student graduates from high school or turns 21.
- Students in this program are eligible for busing services.
- If the student is determined to no longer have a disability, the child can continue at the school with a scholarship equal to the amount that student would receive under the WPCP program.
- As a participating school, FVL needs to annually declare the number of seats or spaces available to students in its SNSP program.
- Proof of Wisconsin residency
- Has an active Individual Education Plan or Serviced Plan from a public school
Accepted documents for proof of residency
- Preferred (if applicable) - Current water, gas, or electric bill (dated within the last 90 days)
- Property Tax Statement
- Current Wage Statement (can be year end W2)
FVL Program Contact
For more information or if you have questions, please use the below contact information to make an appointment to discuss your student’s needs.