The 2021-22 school year tuition assistance application window is scheduled to be open from February 1 - April 15, 2021
Who is Eligible?FVL Tuition Assistance Program applications may be submitted for any student currently attending or students who have officially registered for the coming school year. A new application needs to be submitted annually for consideration of tuition assistance.
If your child is an incoming 9th grader or transferring from a public school and your family meets the eligibility requirements for Tuition Assistance, we ask that you also apply for the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program, or School Choice. If awarded a School Choice voucher, it could pay up to the full amount of tuition, and it would allow tuition assistance to be distributed to more families.
How to Apply
FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment has been chosen to conduct the financial needs assessment on behalf of FVL.
The following documents are required as part of your application:
- Copy of most recent calendar year Federal Form 1040, 1040A or 1040-EZ U.S. Individual Income Tax Return
If applicant and co-applicant file separately, both tax returns are required for the same tax year.
- Copies of all of the most recent calendar year W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both the applicant and co-applicant
- Monthly expenses for residence, vehicle, credit card
- Yearly expenses for college, child care, insurance
- Value of any other assets or liabilities
- Copies of all supporting tax schedules if you have income/loss from any of the following:
- Business - (Form 1040 Line 12) send Schedule C or C-EZ and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
Farm - (Form 1040 Line 18) send Schedule F and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
Rental Property - (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 1)
S-Corporation - (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1120S (4 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
Partnership - (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1065 (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
Estates and Trusts - (Form 1040 Line 17) send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1041 and Schedule K-1
- Copies of all supporting documentation for household Non-Taxable Income such as: Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers' Compensation, and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- IMPORTANT: If self-employed with no W-2 Wage Statement, submission of the most recent calendar year Federal Form 1040 Tax Return is required.
If you have questions or concerns about the FACTS application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866-315-9262. Failure to submit all required forms may result in the rejection of the application.
What happens after I apply?
Awarding of FVL Tuition Assistance
Applicants will be notified in early May of their tuition assistance.
The FVL Student Services Committee in consultation with the FVL Board of Regents reviews the financial needs analysis data provided by FACTS to determine assistance. All information is held in the strictest confidence. The maximum tuition assistance for any student will be limited to 80% of the tuition cost. Assistance does not apply toward fees or other miscellaneous school expenses.
...just a few more details
Forfeiting Tuition Assistance
Students involved in repeated un-Christian behavior or who by their actions and words show they are not in harmony with the philosophy of the school may forfeit their tuition assistance upon recommendation of the FVL administration and approval of the FVL Board of Regents. FVL reserves the right to rescind any tuition assistance if the circumstances upon which it was issued should change. Such action does not release the family of its obligation for tuition, fees, and other charges.
With changing financial circumstances, some FVL tuition assistance recipients may see themselves able to repay this assistance or to make contributions toward the Tuition Assistance Fund in the future. No set schedule or obligation for repayment exists, but FVL encourages families to consider this option as a way to replenish this fund and assist other families in achieving their dream of a Christian high school education for their teens.
How Can I Help Provide Tuition Assistance?
Gifts for tuition assistance are always appreciated and needed. Gifts may be given directly to the school for the current school year or may be given to the FVL Endowment Fund. In addition, participation in the FVL SCRIP program, even after your student has graduated, helps support the Tuition Assistance Program.