WI Parental Choice Program (WPCP)
The 2020-21 school year Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP) application deadline has been extended to May 14.
- FVL has been a part of the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program since 2014-15. Under this program—funded by the State of Wisconsin—parents have a voice in how their tax dollars are spent on the education of their children.
- At FVL, we believe parents are best equipped to decide what school is the best fit for their child. This program allows more families to choose Christian education for their sons or daughters.
- FVL encourages all qualifying families to apply. Please note that only freshmen and students transferring from public schools are eligible.
- All families who applied and received a voucher for 2019-20 need to go to the DPI website to apply for the 2020-21 school year. Parent email verification is a part of the application process. It may take 5 minutes to 24 hours for the verification email to be received by the applicant. The application process can be completed once the verification has arrived. Once your application has been entered, the DPI site will list what documentation is needed for you to bring to FVL for verification.
General InformationWPCP Fast Facts
- Enrollment for 2020-21 will run from February 3, 2020 to April 16, 2020.
- Students chosen by a lottery system performed by the Department of Public Instruction receive a voucher that is paid to FVL to cover 100% of tuition.
- Completed 2019 Tax Information & proof of residency is needed to complete enrollment eligibility process for new applicants.
- Income eligibility set by the state program is based on a family's Adjusted Gross Income; see Income Guideline Chart below.
- Families with a student chosen in 2019-20 need to re-apply and provide proof of residency within the enrollment window.
WPCP Eligibility Chart for the 2020-2021 School Year
Adjusted Gross Income
|For each additional member add $9,724|
*NOTE - Figures listed in the right column will not be listed on the DPI site but reflect the $7,000 adjustment for married couples with children.
School District Choices
At one point on the form you will be asked for your school district. Please choose the appropriate response under "Resident School District" and click "Continue." The UHS option that is on the page does not apply to our area.
Options for Determining Income
Before deciding which method to use for your family, please consult this Income Documentation Bulletin prepared by the Department of Public Instruction:
- DPI Method
Complete your income tax for 2019, and enter the necessary totals on the WPCP application. Bring a SIGNED copy of your tax form to FVLHS for reference.
- DOR Method
On the WPCP application, click to allow the Department of Revenue (DOR) to determine your income eligibility. If 2019 tax information has not been submitted, 2018 data will be used.
Accepted documents for proof of residency
- Preferred (if applicable) - Property Tax Statement
- Current Wage Statement (can be year end W2)
- Current water, gas, or electric bill (dated within the last 90 days)
- Current lease agreement
More InformationFor more information, contact Mrs. Heather Knoll.