WI Parental Choice Program (WPCP)
The Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP) application window is from the first weekday in February to the third Thursday of April.
For the 2023-24 school year, this window will be from February 1, 2023 to April 20, 2023.
- FVL has been a part of the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program since 2014-15. Under this program—funded by the State of Wisconsin—parents have a voice in how their tax dollars are spent on the education of their children.
- At FVL, we believe parents are best equipped to decide what school is the best fit for their child. This program allows more families to choose Christian education for their sons or daughters.
- FVL encourages all qualifying families to apply. Please note that only incoming freshmen and new students transferring to FVL are eligible.
- All families who applied and received a voucher for 2022-23 need to go to the DPI website to apply for the 2023-24 school year. Once your application has been entered, the DPI site will list what documentation is needed for you to bring to FVL for verification.
General InformationWPCP Fast Facts
- Enrollment will run each year from the first weekday in February to the third Thursday in April.
- Students chosen by a lottery system performed by the Department of Public Instruction receive a voucher that is paid to FVL to cover 100% of tuition.
- Completed 2022 Tax Information & proof of residency is needed to complete enrollment eligibility process for new applicants.
- Income eligibility set by the state program is based on a family's Adjusted Gross Income; see Income Guideline Chart below.
- Families with a student chosen in 2022-23 need to re-apply and provide proof of residency within the enrollment window.
WPCP Eligibility Chart for the 2024-25 School Year
Adjusted Gross Income
|For each additional member add $11,308|
*NOTE - Figures listed in the right column will not be listed on the DPI site but reflect the $7,000 adjustment for married couples with children.
Options for Determining Income
Before deciding which method to use for your family, please consult this Income Documentation Bulletin prepared by the Department of Public Instruction:
- DPI Method
Complete your income tax for 2022, and enter the adjusted gross income (AGI) on the WPCP application. Bring a SIGNED copy of your tax form to FVLHS for reference.
- DOR Method
On the WPCP application, click to allow the Department of Revenue (DOR) to determine your income eligibility. If 2022 tax information has not been submitted, 2021 data will be used.
Accepted documents for proof of residency
- Preferred (if applicable) - Property Tax Statement
- Current Wage Statement (can be year end W2)
- Current water, gas, or electric bill (dated within the last 90 days)
- Current lease agreement
More InformationFor more information, contact Mrs. Heather Knoll.
Visit fvlschools.org to learn about the FVL Federation elementary schools that also participate in WPCP.