Countdown to Orientation Day August 2020
Print this web page and "X" the numbers as you complete each step!
Steps highlighted in yellow are required for all students.
1. Attend 8th Grade Welcome Night on October 28, 2019
Students are able to interact with fellow 8th graders while enjoying inflatables, interactive games, pizza, and more.
Parents take tours, have light refreshments, meet FVL students and personnel, and attend info sessions including . . .
- WI School Choice Program (WPCP) & Tuition Assistance
- After School Opportunities
- STEM* Biomedical
- STEM - Engineering & Computer Science
- Preparing for Life After FVL
Each household will receive a folder which includes information about classes and what needs to be done before Orientation Day.
*STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math
2. Complete Online Enrollment Application
This form is not compatible with mobile devices.
Please use Google Chrome or Firefox. Microsoft Explorer is not recommended.
FIRST STUDENT AT FVLHS
Click the above link to get to Skyward Enrollment Access (our Student Management System). Once there, please follow the instructions.
CURRENTLY HAVE FVL STUDENT(S)
If you currently have one or more children at FVL, log into your Skyward Family Access account and click the “New Student Online Enrollment” button in the left column.
Our system is updated with data for the 2020-21 school year as of July 15, 2020.
At that time you will be able to log into Skyward Family Access to view your child's information. Prior to that date, the only accessible records are for students attending for the 2019-20 school year.
3. Complete Online Scheduling Appointment Form
You will receive a link o the Scheduling Appointment Form after you complete the Online Enrollment Form (STEP 2).
Scheduling is set for the evenings of November 13 and 18. If these dates do not work, you may request a more convenient time.
4. Complete the Freshman Course Planning Worksheet (bring to your Scheduling Appt.)
The Freshman Course Planning Worksheet is included in the folder that is distributed at the annual 8th Grade Welcome Night event. It can also be found on the above linked page as a downloadable pdf.
Descriptions of the classes that are available to freshmen can be viewed here.
If you are interested in mapping out a tentative plan for all four years of high school, a four-year course planning grid is also available at the above link along with descriptions of classes.
5. Attend Scheduling Appointment (set up in STEP 3)
(bring the Freshman Course Planning Worksheet from STEP 4)
Parents and the student meet with a faculty member to go over your course choices and answer questions.
6. Apply for Wisconsin Parental Choice (available Feb 1 - April 20)
Families can apply for state-funded tuition. Details and the application link are at the above web address.
7. Apply for Tuition Assistance and Ladies Guild Memorial Scholarship
(available February 1 - due April 20)
FVLHS Tuition Assistance
Access to Online Info/Application - fvlhs.org/tuition-assistance
Questions? - Mrs. Krista Davis - email@example.com
Review the online eligibility chart and apply online.
Ladies Guild Memorial Scholarship
Access to Online Info/Application - fvlhs.org/LG-Scholarship
Questions? - Mrs. Krista Davis - firstname.lastname@example.org
Students write an essay and submit to FVL by April 20. Multiple scholarships are given ranging from $100-$500.
8. Take the ACT Aspire Test
- Access to Online Info regarding the test at FVL - Aspire Test
- Questions regarding the test at FVL? - Mrs. Dawn Stiller - email@example.com
Many 8th graders will be taking this test at their FVL Schools grade school. If your school does not offer this test, FVL will offer one on April 25, 2020. Registration is required if a student will be taking the test at FVL.
Results of this test will give a clearer picture of what classes will be most beneficial for the student.
9. Complete Fall Athletic Interest Form (available March 1)
This is not a required form, but makes it easier for coaches to keep you informed.
10. Attend Future Freshman Night at FVL on April 20, 2020 at 7:00 PM
Questions? - Mr. Ben Priebe - firstname.lastname@example.org
This one-hour event focuses on how the students can ease the transition to and make the most of their high school years. All registered 8th graders and their parents, plus families that are still undecided for high school are encouraged to attend. No registration is required.
11. Math, English, & Spanish Placement Testing
12. Skyward Family Access is upaged for 2020-21 as of JULY 15. Login is now available for new students.
If you are new to FVL or have forgotten your password, go to the link and follow the login steps. All new families must log in using the same email address that was used for the online application. Returning families should use their existing password. Questions? Call 920-739-4441.
13. Complete Handbook Agreement Required for All Students (available July 15)
Log into your Skyward Family Access account to complete the following agreements . . .
Questions? - Mrs. Heather Knoll - email@example.com
Cocurriculars/Training Rules Agreement
Authorization of Information Disclosure (for working with the on-site Theda-Care athletic trainer)
14. Set up e-Funds Account (available July 15)
For Tuition and Meal Service Payments
15. Required for All Athletes (available July 15)
All students interested in athletics must have a physical on file at FVL.
- If it is dated April 1, 2020 or later, the physical requirement is met.
- If it is dated between April 1, 2019, and March 31, 2020, an alternate year card must also be completed.
16. Apply for Reduced Price Meals (available July 15)
Qualifications and the application are online.
17. Submit First Tuition Payment in July
All families should receive their tuition invoice by the last day of June. If not, please contact Mrs. Krista Davis. The first payment deadline is July 31. If full payment is made by July 31, families receive a $50 discount per student.
Payment Options - e-Funds or FACTS
18. Placement Test Results & Student Schedules (available July 31)
19. Family Home Visit
- Questions? - Mrs. Heather Knoll - firstname.lastname@example.org
A faculty memeber (who will be your child's Mentor for all four years) will make contact by mid-August to set up an appointment for a visit with you and your student.
20. Attend Orientation Day
Welcome to FVL!
Class schedules are ditributed the first day of school--sometimes incorporating necessary final adjustments.
Meeting with Non-WELS Families
For families who are not members of a Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran (WELS) congregation, a meeting is scheduled to acquaint them with FVL's mission and purpose before enrolling. We welcome opportunities to serve the families of our community. This meeting is one way we can work with families to make sure they have all the information they need to determine if FVL is the right fit for their family's education needs. Meetings are scheduled at the family's convenience and include the Principal and a member of our Religion Department staff.
Our principal is always happy to take new families on a personalized tour of our school. Please be sure to indicate your desire for a tour when scheduling your meeting. We look forward to seeing you at FVL!