Math and Spanish Placement Tests
Spanish Placement Test
Every spring, FVL offers an optional Spanish placement test. This test is used to assess whether your child is ready for the more advanced level classes in these subjects. If students feel they are ready to move beyond Spanish 1, the test must be taken to qualify for entrance into the more advanced courses.
Math Diagnostic Test
Starting in the 2019-2020 school year, every incoming student is required to take the FVL Math Diagnostic Test. Many 8th graders will be taking this test at their FVL Schools grade school. If your school does not offer this test, FVL offers two dates and times in the spring (listed below). Results of this test will aid in placing each student into the appropriate math course.
Testing Dates in May of 2019
No registration is needed and there is no cost for the tests.
- Math - May 24 from 1:00 - 2:00 PM
- Spanish - May 24 from 2:00 - 3:00 PM
- Math - May 28 from 9:00 - 10:00 AM
- Spanish - May 28 from 10:00 - 11:00 AM
If these dates and times do not work, please contact the freshman guidance counselor Mrs. Laura Gucinski to make other arrangements.
The Day of the Test
- Please enter through the Tower entrance, and follow the signs to the Media Center (library).
- Students may take one or both tests on the same day if desired.
- Students do not need to bring anything other than a calculator (if taking the math test) to the test -- they will be provided with everything else they need.
- Parents are welcome to wait in the commons (cafeteria area) at FVL during the test.
- If students complete the test before the time is up, they are welcome to leave when they are finished.
After the Test
- Results will be mailed to the families by the end of June.
- If students are approved to advance to the higher level course, parents may choose to not take that option for their child. Contact Mrs. Laura Gucinski, the freshman guidance counselor, to make the adjustment to the schedule
Please contact Mrs. Laura Gucinski