Monthly Update from FVL
Fox Valley Lutheran High School in partnership with families and Federation churches, provides students with a Christ-centered education preparing teens for lives of service and for eternity.
- The second semester began with 648 students. (Last year was 615 students.)
- Currently, 150 eighth graders have indicated that they will attend FVL next year. Another 50 are still undecided. The Class of 2023 will replace our graduating senior class of 148.
- The application window for the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP) opens on February 1 and closes April 20. WPCP offers families the chance to have their student’s FVL tuition fully funded for all four years! Go to fvlhs.org to find easy-to-read eligibility charts. Also this year FVL’s Tuition Assistance program application window will be the same (from February 1 – April 20). Those who don’t qualify for WPCP can apply to this program if there is a financial need.
- Parents interested in enrolling 8th graders for 2019-20 should complete the online registration form at fvlhs.org. They will receive a link to sign up for sessions on 2/27 or to choose a different date.
- Host families are needed for FVL’s international program for next school year. Interested parents should contact Monica Uhlenbrauck at email@example.com.
- Mrs. Katelynn Dorn (Science) and Mr. Seth Jaeger (Phy Ed, Coaching) have accepted our calls to join our ministry team for 2019-20. Mrs. Dorn will be one of our STEM Biomedical Science teachers. Mr. Jaeger will coach varsity football and teach Phy Ed classes. Additional calls will be placed yet this spring as FVL seeks to replace retiring teachers Mr. Dave Voss, Mrs. Donna King, and Miss Jane Polley.
- FVL is again looking to hire a 2nd shift custodian. Details available at fvlhs.org.
- Nominations are still open for the Trout Family Educator Award until the end of January. This award recognizes teacher excellence and dedication by providing a financial award for professional growth opportunities. Details on how to nominate a teacher are found at fvlhs.org.
EVENTS & COCURRICULARS:
- FVL Musicfest is set for Sunday, January 27, from noon until 4 PM. Doors open at 11:30 AM.
- Fox Trek events for 5-6th graders take place on January 29-30.
- The school hosted its 4th annual FVL VEX Experience on January 19. This competition has grown to be the state of Wisconsin’s largest VEX Robotics Tournament.
- Senior Jakob Ulman (St. Peter-Appleton) received this year’s Red Smith Student-Athlete Award; long-time FVL coach Rev. Erich Schaserwas recognized with the Fans of the Foxes Award.
- The annual FVL ski trip took place on the weekend of January 12-13.
- FVL Theatre is in need of a Costume Designer for the March musical. Sewing and people skills are a must. Contact Sharon Mundt at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested. .
- Federation offerings for the FVL Operating Fund are ahead of last year for December and year-to-date, with the total collected standing at $449K.
- Currently $100K has been collected or pledged toward the Let the Children Come debt retirement goal payment of $475K that will be due every November 1 until 2038. Gifts to meet this goal are always needed and appreciated.
- Donors participating in the $66 for 66 Years Legacy Project continue to support the growth of the FVL Foundation and its focus of tuition assistance.
- Watch for the 2019 FVL Sponsor Directory coming to your Federation church soon.
With you, serving Jesus – Principal Steve Granberg