8th Gr. Welcome Night
Information for 2021 . . .
- DATES - Monday, October 25, 2021
- TIME - 4-8 PM
You are welcome to attend as much or as little of the event as you like. You may arrive at any time - no need to arrive at 4 PM.
- In-person option available for parents and students
- Virtual option available for PARENTS ONLY
If you have registered as an in-person parent participant and would like to change your reservation, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the Admissions Office.
Thank you to all who attended the 2021 event! If missed the event or are looking for resources, please check our event page.
Who: All 8th Grade Students & Their Parents
Monday, October 25, 2021
Doors Open at 4:00 PM
Parent Sessions Begin at 4:15 PM
Event Ends at 8:00 PM
Fox Valley Lutheran High School
5300 N Meade Street
Enter through the tower entrance (south side of the building)
Students: You are invited for pizza, soda, inflatables, multi-player video game challenges, DJ and dancing, giant Jenga, dodgeball, and more!
We have information and activities for you as well! Join us in FVL's academic wing for a variety of 20-minute sessions (listed below) designed to share information and ease the 8th grade to high school transition. Unfortunately, there is not enough time to catch them all, but you will have time to attend up to seven of the sessions. Light refreshments will be available as well.
7 Session Times - 10 Session Topics
Tours are available (tours take 2 sessions) AND Snacks
All topics will be available during all sessions and can be seen in any order.
- Music And Arts
- How to Choose 9th Grade Classes
- Preparing for Life After FVL (College / Career)
- STEM - Biomedical
- After School Opportunities (Cocurriculars)
- Special Education Overview
- WI Parental Choice Program (WPCP) & Tuition Assistance
- Completing Your Enrollment Application
- STEM - Engineering & Computer Science
If you have questions about the event or about the school, please contact our Admissions Office!