grades 5-8 are welcome!
- Weekly Private Lessons - Students attending one of the FVL Federation schools and WELS home schooled students have the opportunity to receive private weekly lessons at their FVL School location
- Regular Group Rehearsals -Students have the opportunity to take part in scheduled rehearsals with their peers from other FVL Schools (approximately 10 Saturday morning group lessons each semester at FVLHS)
- Performance Opportunities - Students put their practice on display at concerts in November and April. The bands also perform at FVLHS's annual Musicfest on the last Sunday in January
- Individual & Small Ensemble Opportunities - Students in grades 7-8 may participate in the regional Solo and Ensemble Festival (late Feb or early March)
- Select Honors Groups - Students in grades 7-8 may be nominated for the annual WELS Middle School Honors Band (final selection is made by the Honors Band Committee)
Find out more regarding Registration & Fees.
The FVL Middle Schools Band is a member of the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA).
Bands in the program
This is where it all starts! The group provides a strong introduction to music and how to play with others as a band. By the first concert in November, the students do a great job of staying together, playing their parts, and performing on stage.
A year in Cadet Band provides the foundation for our musicians to move into Concert Winds. Here, they continue to advance, develop, and hone their knowledge of the instruments and music, and the pieces performed reflect their increased ability and skill.