Students in grades 5-8 are invited!
INCLUDED FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS . . .
- Approximately 10 Saturday morning group lessons each semester at FVLHS
- Concert performances in November and April
- Performance at FVL's Musicfest on the last Sunday in January
- Solo and Ensemble Festival participation for students in grades 7-8 (late Feb or early March)
FOR QUALIFYING PARTICIPANTS . . .
- Private lessons at an FVL Federation school - Students attending FVL Federation schools and WELS home schooled students can take private weekly lessons at an FVL Federation school.
- WELS Middle School Honors Band participation (final selection is made by the Honors Band Committee)
The FVL Middle Schools Band is a member of the Wisconsin School Music Association (WSMA).
Bands in the program
This is where it all starts! The group provides a strong introduction to music and how to play with others as a band. By the first concert in November, the students do a great job of staying together, playing their parts, and performing on stage.
A year in Cadet Band provides the foundation for our musicians to move into Concert Winds. Here, they continue to advance, develop, and hone their knowledge of the instruments and music, and the pieces performed reflect their increased ability and skill.
Next . . .Check out our registration information with details about instruments, fees, and volunteer opportunities.