Youth Sports Details
Summer Workouts 2020
Incoming 9-12th graders are welcome to participate! Registration will be limited to 120 participants. Under the direction of coaches who have worked with college and professional athletes, summer workouts have been designed with the development of athletic ability, injury prevention, and overall fitness in mind. Training intensity is appropriate for high school athletes who are returning in order to prepare for their upcoming season.
Follow @FVLSTRONG on Instagram for updates from Coach O'Connor.
COST - $40
- Fee Includes training sessions & t-shirt
- Register online (pre-registration required)
- Questions? - Contact Coach O’Connor (email@example.com)
Safety Guidelines for Athletes
- Workouts are voluntary. Students should discuss their participation with their families regarding their own specific family health, needs and concerns.
- Athletes should refrain from participation if they exhibit any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Each day athletes should take their temperature at home (we will check it again when you arrive). If it is above 100.4, stay home.
- Each athlete must bring the following items with them every day:
- Full water bottle
- Face mask: Athletes will not be expected to wear them at all times but should have them available. (We strongly encourage a brand called "Gaiter")
- If possible, students should arrive to practice in a vehicle of only immediate family members.
- No locker rooms will be available. Athletes should arrive ready to practice.
- Social distancing should be adhered to at all times. Students may not gather even in small groups without social distancing.
- No spectators or parents in any of the practice areas.
- Hand washing/sanitizing often will be mandatory.
- All personal clothing and equipment must be taken home each day for sanitizing.
- Families who may need specific accommodations should contact their coach to begin discussing their individual needs.
- Participants must wear appropriate clothing and shoes - shirts should have at least a short sleeve, no tanks or cut-offs.
- Restrooms will be available to participants - unisex restrooms in metal shop hallway and male and female restrooms near football/track complex.
- Each individual will be responsible for sanitizing equipment after use. A more thorough cleaning will take place between the rotation of groups.
- Each participant will be assigned a group that numbers no more than 35. They will stay with that group throughout the workout.
- Each group will have two coaches.
- The workouts will use the large & small gyms, track, practice fields, and Fitness Center.
- Each group will stay together and rotate through the strength, speed, and agility stations at approximately 30-minute intervals.
- At the end of each rotation, each athlete must either use hand sanitizer or spend twenty seconds washing their hands with soap and water.
Workouts begin Wednesday, July 1 (no Wednesdays after)
Meet every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
Wed. July 1 - Thurs. July 31
7 AM - 9 AM
John is FVL's Strength and Conditioning Coach. He holds a masters degree in sports management with an emphasis in coaching. In addition, he has also earned a certification from the National Strength and Conditioning Association as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist. During his coaching career, he has worked at various levels of college athletics with stops at the University of Utah, the University of Michigan, Wayne State University, and UW Whitewater. In 2007, he helped coach Whitewater to their first NCAA National Championship in football.
As a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association and a certified strength and conditioning specialist, Mr. Bentz brings his expertise and over 35 years of experience to our staff.