Youth Sports Details
Nothin' But Net Basketball
PDF Flyers (2 per page)
Nothin' But Net is an annual basketball program that is run and coached by volunteers for girls in grades 3-8. This group was formed to provide the opportunity for these girls to...
- practice fundamental and advanced basketball skills,
- learn FVL's offensive and defensive system,
- develop individual and team skills, and
- have fun and form new friendships.
2023-24 Season Information
All practice times for the 2023-24 season will be shared on the NBN website. The first practice is Saturday, September 23. The season will run through the end of February.
- 5th-8th graders will play in 7-10 tournaments during the season with a goal of being within 1 hour travel time from FVL.
- 7th-8th graders will play in a State Tournament (if invited, only overnight tournament).
- 3rd & 4th graders will play in 2-3 tournaments starting after January 1.
- 5th-8th graders: $250 for one child
- 3rd & 4th graders: $175 per player
- If you have more than one athlete in the same household, the total cost will be $350.
- All players must use a NBN jersey - est. cost is $35. If this fee is a concern, please contact Coach Schroeder.
- Girls may wear a jersey they already purchased or a hand-me-down jersey.
- Church - It is not acceptable to miss church for any NBN activity. If NBN has a game on Sunday, please consider attending an alternate service.
- NBN players cannot miss singing in church for any NBN activity. NBN coaches will do their best to monitor singing schedules.
- Grade school commitments have priority over NBN activities.
NBN was founded in 2003 for 7th and 8th graders. The popularity of the program led to the addition of a JV team and then 5th and 6th-grade levels. On average, there are 20-25 games per season. Friendships, fun, and a high rate of success have followed these teams throughout the years. An added benefit has been an increased level of success for the FVL basketball program, which has had the privilege of playing at WISAA and WIAA State Tournaments.
Ultimately, the intent is to prepare them to try out for high school basketball or the next level of competition.
Contact David Schroeder
Visit the Nothin' but Net website for more info and to register.