Youth Sports Details
Summer Workouts 2022
- Monday, June 6-Friday, July 29
- Open to boys & girls entering grades 7-12 next fall
- PDF Flyer
Under the direction of coaches who have worked with college and professional athletes, summer workouts have been designed with the development of athletic ability, injury prevention, and overall fitness in mind. Summer Workouts emphasize strength, speed, and functional fitness. (No minimum attendance requirements).
Follow @FVLSTRONG on Instagram for updates from Coach O'Connor.
For students entering grades 7-9
Limit 100 students
Beginners to Summer Workouts. Participants will learn proper exercise techniques and work to master these skills. The pace is appropriate for students who are new(er) to Summer Workouts and general fitness.
For students entering grades 10-12
Limit 120 students
Advanced level of Summer Workouts. Training intensity is appropriate for varsity athletes. The goal is to prepare participants for their upcoming sports seasons.
COST - $150
- Fee includes 30 training sessions & t-shirt
- Register online (pre-registration required)
- Questions? - Contact Coach O’Connor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Safety Guidelines for Athletes
Protocols and event specifics may change based on the changing circumstances, ordinances, or other applicable laws.
- Workouts are voluntary.
- Students should discuss their participation with their families regarding their own specific family health, needs, and concerns.
- Athletes should refrain from participation if they feel unwell, especially if they exhibit any symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Families who may need specific accommodations should contact their coach to discuss their individual needs.
- Athletes must wear appropriate clothing and shoes - shirts should have at least a short sleeve, no tanks or cut-offs.
- Athletes should bring a full water bottle and a towel to each workout.
- Restrooms will be available to participants - unisex restrooms in the Metals Shop hallway and male and female restrooms by the football/track canteen.
- Each individual will be responsible for sanitizing equipment after use. A more thorough cleaning will take place between the rotation of groups.
- Each participant will be assigned a group that numbers no more than 35. They will stay with that group throughout the workout.
- Each group will have two coaches.
- The workouts will use the large & small gyms, track, practice fields, and Fitness Center.
- Each group will stay together and rotate through the strength, speed, and agility stations at approximately 30-minute intervals.
Monday, June 6 - Friday, July 29
Meet every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday
No workouts July 4-5
|Session 1||Session 2|
|8:30 AM||Attendance in FVL gym||6:30 AM||Attendance in FVL gym|
|8:35 AM||Warm-up||6:35 AM||Warm-up|
|8:50 AM||Transition||6:50 AM||Transition|
|9:00 AM||Group 1 - Weight Room
Group 2 - Track
|7:00 AM||Group 1 - Weight Room
Group 2 - Track
|9:40 AM||Transition||7:40 AM||Transition|
|9:50 AM||Group 2 - Weight Room
Group 1 - Track
|7:50 AM||Group 2 - Weight Room
Group 1 - Track
|10:30 AM||End||8:30 AM||End|
John is FVL's Strength and Conditioning Coach. He holds a master's degree in sports management with an emphasis in coaching. In addition, he has also earned a certification from the National Strength and Conditioning Association as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist. During his coaching career, he has worked at various levels of college athletics with stops at the University of Utah, the University of Michigan, Wayne State University, and UW Whitewater. In 2007, he helped coach Whitewater to their first NCAA National Championship in football.