Expansion in Spring/Summer 2018
Fox Valley Lutheran High School has been blessed with growing enrollment. In 2017-18, the increased number of students presented a science lab scheduling challenge for the Guidance Office...more labs were needed. Office space was tight, empty conference rooms were difficult to find, and the one art classroom was very busy! It was time to do some research.
A building expansion proposal was presented at the General Board meeting in September 2017. Options were to cap the number of students or to move forward with a fast-tracked building project. The Board voted in favor of expansion and groundbreaking was November of that same year.
Construction began in earnest in March of 2018. Despite an unexpected April blizzard slowing the process, the building was ready for occupancy by Orientation Day in August of 2018.
We thank God for the outpouring of support in prayers, donations, and time. God has blessed this effort and as a result, FVL continues to be able to serve all interested families.
The expansion/addition included . . .
- four new classrooms.
- two new science labs at the southwest corner of the building. One science lab has been outfitted as the new biomedical STEM lab for students preparing to enter health fields.
- increased security at the school’s front entrance.
- added office and meeting space
- expanded Guided Studies class space.
- a new art room to supplement our crowded class offerings.
- a large multi-purpose classroom to house classes during the day and serve cocurricular and community event needs after school.