Attendance - Unplanned Absence/Late (Sick or Other)
- If a student is ill or will be missing school for other “last minute” reasons, parents are to call the school. The same is true if a student will be late to school.
- Students who arrive to school late must check in with the Attendance Coordinator. They will be given a pass to attend class.
- The Attendance Coordinator will call parents of students who have not reported to school by mid-morning.
Steps for Unplanned Absence
1. Call the Attendance Coordinator
The recorded message will offer an option for “attendance.” Choose the "attendance" option.
Please leave a voice message that includes...
- Student's full name, including the spelling of the last name
- Parent caller’s full name
- Reason for the absence
The Attendance Coordinator will receive the message and record the information.
2. Send a note by email or on paper
Because FVL is required to have “hard copy” documentation, parents need to send a note the next day to the Attendance Coordinator (an email is also acceptable).