Cocurriculars and Activities - Social Activities
Various social activities are sponsored by FVL and are regulated by Student Council and its advisor (Assistant Principal). Homecoming is the major social event of the fall. Seven girls (one freshman, one sophomore, one junior, and four seniors) are chosen by their classmates to make up the court. One of the senior girls is elected as queen.
Prom is the major social event of the spring. The Prom Court is made up of five senior boys nominated by their classmates. One of them is elected as king. Only FVL juniors and seniors may attend the Prom Dance. Sophomores and approved guests from other schools may attend as dates of upperclassmen. Freshmen in high school may not attend Prom. All FVL students attending Prom must submit a permission form, signed by their parents, before they can purchase a ticket for the dance. The Student Council is in charge of arranging the various aspects of these events.
Any students on Disciplinary Probation or who have been suspended for training rules violations may not be a representative on Homecoming or Prom Court, or serve as an escort or emcee at Frolic.
For FVL students and guests, the following dress code guidelines will be enforced at the Homecoming and Prom Dances:
- Make sure that your dress brings attention to your warm smile and Christian personality.
- All necklines must be modest. Dresses with plunging necklines are not permitted. All necklines must fully cover from armpit to armpit.
- Dresses may have spaghetti straps, halter type tops, cold shoulder, or may be strapless as long as they meet the neckline requirement.
- Dresses with sheer panels or cutouts are not allowed.
- Two-piece dresses are acceptable as long as there is no gap between the top and bottom piece.
- Dresses should be no shorter than 4” above the knee. If a dress has a slit, the slit must be no shorter than 4” above the knee.
- Shirt and tie are required.
- Dress suit or jacket is preferred.
- A tuxedo is optional.
- Jeans of any kind are not acceptable.
- Dress shoes are preferred.
Parents of FVL students attending Homecoming/Prom
- Please review and enforce these dress code regulations.
- Please be aware of and approve of the plans that your son/daughter/date has for their after-Homecoming/Prom Activities.
Romans 8:1 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a loving sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God – this is your true and proper worship.”
Failure to comply with any of these guidelines will result in the student/guest not being admitted to the dance. If you have any questions, contact the Assistant Principal.