Cocurriculars and Activities - Social Activities
Various social activities are sponsored by FVL and are regulated by Student Council, and its advisor (Assistant Principal). Homecoming is the major social event of the fall. Seven girls (one freshman, one sophomore, one junior, and four seniors) are chosen by their classmates to make up the court. One of the senior girls is elected as queen.
Prom is the major social event of the spring. The Prom Court is made up of five senior boys nominated by their classmates. One of them is elected as king. Only FVL juniors and seniors may attend the Prom Dance. Sophomores and approved guests from other schools may attend as dates of upperclassmen. Freshmen in high school may not attend Prom. The Student Council is in charge of arranging the various aspects of these events.
Any students on Disciplinary Probation or who have been suspended for training rules violations may not be a representative on Homecoming or Prom Court, or serve as an escort or emcee at frolic.
For FVL students and guests, the following dress code guidelines will be enforced at the Homecoming and Prom Dances:
- Please make sure that your dress brings attention to your warm smile and Christian personality.
- Any dress that is “too low” in the front, back, or sides is not acceptable.
- Any inappropriate “see-through” dress is not acceptable.
- Two piece dresses are acceptable as long as the “gap” between them is “minimal”- ½ inch or less would be the general rule.
- Shirt & tie is required.
- Dress suit or jacket is preferred
- A tuxedo is optional
- Jeans of any kind are not acceptable.
- Dress shoes are preferred.
Parents of FVL students attending Homecoming/Prom:
- You need to understand and enforce these dress code regulations.
- You also need to be aware of and approve of the plans that your son/daughter/date has for their Post-Homecoming/Prom Activities.
Romans 8: 1 “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a loving sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God – this is your true and proper worship.”
Failure to comply with any of these guidelines will result in the student/guest not being admitted to the dance. If you have any questions, contact the Assistant Principal.