- 02 - Introduction/About
10 - Study Hall for Seniors (Commons)
Seniors with a GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible to have a Commons period during their scheduled study hall. Commonsperiods are held in the cafeteria during periods 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7. Because of lunch, Commons is not available during Period 5.
Behavior in Commons:
- FVL Faculty will supervise Commons.
- Attendance will be taken daily.
- Seniors may sign out to work in the Media Center.
- Seniors may not go to the locker rooms.
- Students may work in groups.
- Students may use their mobile phones.
- Vending machines are available.
- Students are to dispose of all trash.
- Students are expected to maintain reasonable noise levels.
- Students may not go to the “pits” during their Commons period.
Seniors who are on Academic, Disciplinary Probation, or in the Fox Success Program are not eligible for Commons, and must remain in study hall.
The two conversation pits located in the atrium outside the Guidance and Administrative Offices are available for student use before school, during breaks and in-between classes. They are not to be used during Commons periods. When students are using the “pits,” they are asked to keep the noise level at a minimum for the faculty and staff with offices in those areas.