- 02 - Introduction/About
11 - Mobile Devices
PRIVILEGES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Students may carry a mobile phone, smartwatch, headphones or earbuds with them.
- By using a mobile device at school, students agree to the Technology Agreement which outlines appropriate use of technology devices on campus.
- By using a mobile device at school, those devices are subject to search and inspection of all files and communication records at the discretion of the administration to verify compliance with school policy.
- During the school day (from opening to closing prayers), mobile phones must be set on silent mode. The phone should be set not to emit any sound or vibration.
- Headphone and earbud volume must be set so it does not disturb others nearby.
- Students are not allowed to take pictures or record audio or video during the school day unless given permission by a teacher for a class activity.
- Students may only access internet-based services through the FVL wireless network. Access to the internet through other data services is forbidden while on campus.
- Devices may only be used at the discretion of the teacher or supervisor with the exception of commons, lunch, and passing periods.
- Seniors may use their mobile devices in Commons, but must use headphones or earbuds for audio at all times.
- Mobile phones may not be used in the Media Center or study hall unless directed by a teacher or supervisor.
- If students need to make a phone call with their mobile device, they should go to the School Office to receive permission.
Teachers/supervisors set classroom rules for the use of mobile devices; however, they may not prevent students from bringing devices into the classrooms.
- Headphones and earbuds MUST be removed as students enter the Auditorium, Media Center, study hall, or classrooms.
- Teachers MUST require—at a minimum—that devices are visible and face down on the corner of the student desk or table top.
- Teachers may require that students deposit their devices in a “common area” for the duration of the class.
- Teachers may give students permission to use devices in support of the learning process.
- Students may use mobile devices for instructional activities with teacher permission and supervision.
Teachers/supervisors are to monitor compliance of both classroom and school-wide rules as part of their general role.
MOBILE DEVICE VIOLATIONS
Teachers/supervisors have the authority to confiscate a mobile device in the event a student violates classroom or school policy. The student may pick up the device at the end of the day from the School Office. Repeated violations of the mobile device policy may result in further disciplinary action including a requirement to leave the device in the School Office during the school day.