School Policy - Study Hall Privileges for Seniors
All seniors with a GPA of at least 2.0 who are not on Academic or Disciplinary Probation nor are in the Fox Success Program are eligible to go to commons (cafeteria) during study hall.
- Seniors with ten or more absences lose commons/pits privileges for the remainder of the semester.
- Seniors will lose commons/pits if they have a detention, and will not regain those privileges until all detentions are served.
- Seniors must remain in commons/pits. They may not go outside, use the gym/fitness center, or walk the hallways.
Commons is open Periods 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 during the normal school day. Because of lunch during Period 5, Commons is not available for seniors in the study hall.
Students must check in with the faculty supervisor at the beginning of the class. A student cannot have another student check in for them.
- After attendance has been taken, students may go to the Media Center. If students complete work in the Media Center, they may go back to commons.
- Students may not go to the locker rooms. This includes Period 8.
- Students may work in groups or separately.
- Reasonable noise levels are expected.
- Vending machines are available.
- Dispose of any trash.
- Students may use their mobile phones.
- Seniors may watch the TV provided. Appropriate viewing includes sports, news, cartoon and appropriate family and game shows. No music channels allowed on the TV. No video games or other devices may be attached to the FVL TV.
- Students may play ping pong under the following conditions:
- Students must bring their own equipment.
- Students must put the tables/chairs back in their original positions at the end of each period.
Pits are available for use during breaks and in-between classes. Please keep the noise level down for the sake of faculty and staff who have offices next to the pits.