Technology/Computer Policies - Cell Phones
PRIVILEGES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Students may carry a mobile phone on their person.
- By using a mobile device at school, students agree to the “FVL Technology Acceptable Use Agreement” which outlines appropriate use of technology devices on campus.
- By using a mobile device at school, those devices are subject to search and inspection of all files and communication records at the discretion of the administration to verify compliance with school policy.
- During the school day (from opening to closing prayers), mobile phones must be set on silent mode. The phone should be set to not emit any sound or vibration.
- Students are not allowed to take pictures or record audio or video during the school day unless given permission by a teacher for a class activity.
- Students may only access internet based services through the FVL wireless network. Access to the internet through other data services is forbidden while on campus.
- Devices may only be used at the discretion of the teacher or supervisor with the exception of commons, pits (for seniors during study period), lunch, and passing periods.
- Seniors may use their mobile devices in commons, but must use headphones or earbuds for audio at all times.
- Mobile phones may not be used in the Media Center or study hall unless directed by a teacher or supervisor.
- If students need to make a phone call with their mobile device, they should go to the School Office to receive permission.
Teachers/supervisors set classroom rules for the use of mobile phones; however, they may not prevent students from bringing a device into the classroom.
- Teachers may require that devices are out of sight at all times.
- Teachers may require that devices are visible at all times.
- Teachers may require that students deposit their devices in a “common area” for the duration of the class.
- Teachers may give students permission to use devices in support of the learning process.
- Students may use mobile phones in the classroom for instructional activities with teacher permission and supervision.
Teachers/supervisors are to monitor compliance of both classroom and school-wide rules as part of their general role as classroom managers and servants to the entire school body.
Teachers/supervisors have the authority to confiscate a mobile phone in the event a student violates classroom or school policy. The phone will be given to the Assistant Principal as soon as possible.
MOBILE PHONE VIOLATIONS
If a student violates the school-wide or classroom rules/procedures for cell phones, the device will be confiscated. The student may pick up the device at the end of the day from the School Office.