Monthly Update from FVL
Fox Valley Lutheran High School in partnership with families and Federation churches, provides students with a Christ-centered education preparing teens for lives of service and for eternity.
- Enrollment is currently 614 – 29 more than last year at this time. Currently 153 eighth graders have indicated they plan on attending FVL next year.
- The application window for the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program is now open until April 20. Families should check FVL’s website to see if they would qualify for this state-run program that helps families to fully-fund tuition for their teens.
- Seniors Olivia Verbeke and Erika Priebe have been named the Valedictorian and Salutatorian for the Class of 2018. Congratulations to these excellent students.
- In early February, Leadership Week was organized by our Peer Leadership Group to strengthen student leadership skills and to create stronger bonds among our student body.
- Olivia Verbeke has been named a Regional Writing Gold Key Award winner in the annual Scholastic Writing Competition. Her work will continue on to national competition.
- FVL’s Family Open House is Tues., March 6, from 12 noon-7 pm. Families can register online at fvlhs.org; walk-ins are welcome. A drawing for tuition discount coupons is offered.
- The annual NEC Solo & Ensemble Festival will be hosted at FVL on February 24 beginning at 8 am.
- On March 15, FVL will welcome over 200 seventh graders to Discover FVL Day.
- Information on the FoxFest Dinner Auction is now online. The date is April 20 at Liberty Hall. Find out more at fvlhs.org.
- Please remember Assistant Principal Dave Voss in your prayers as he deals with health issues.
- Vicki Rehberg has been hired to serve as our new Media Center Assistant; she is taking over for Kathy Kolell who has become our in-school substitute teacher and in-school printer. Also Vickie Elst recently began her work as a second-shift custodian.
- MLC student teachers Alec and Kendra Bergmann will be on campus from late February-early May.
- The Forensics team is enjoying season success. Next up are Sub-district and District competitions.
- Our chapter of Future Business Leaders of America qualified 15 students for State competition. The team finished fifth in regional competition and was honored with an Outstanding Chapter Award.
- FVL Theatre will offer its Children’s Theatre rendition of Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs of the Black Forest on March 8-9. Tickets are available online or at the door.
- FVL’s Fox Folk Marionette Troupe is performing for Eternal Love’s “Easter Eggstravaganza” on March 24 as well as performing Senior Showcases at Trinity-Neenah and Mount Olive-Appleton on March 27.
- Congregation support for operations is 1.0% (or, about $5K) behind what had been collected at this time last year. We are about $71K short of budget at this time.
- Growing in Grace gifts totaled $2,856 in January. Just under $300K is left to retire the mortgage!
- SCRIP sales for January were $191K. Total sales for the year equal $1.62M.
- The number of donors for Legacy Project has risen to 426. These gifts go to the FVL Foundation to be endowed for Tuition Assistance.
- With support from our Partnering with Business sponsors, January’s Musicfest netted over $18K for FVL’s Fine Arts programs.
With you, serving Jesus – Principal Steve Granberg