Facebook Icon  Twitter Icon  YouTube Icon instagram.png MORE Icon        ---  NEWS Icon   ---

Medication Policy

FVL is no longer able to supply over the counter (OTC) medication of ANY kind from the school supply, due to Wisconsin state laws.  Any medication a student needs (Sudafed, Tylenol, Advil, Cough Drops, etc.) must be supplied by each student's parent or guardian, in the manufacturer's original package.  These over the counter medications can be kept in the student's personal, locked, school-assigned locker.  These are for personal use only and cannot be shared with any other persons.  A completed parent authorization form is required, even if students will keep their OTC medication in their lockers.

If you want to provide OTC medication that would be kept for your child in the school office, you will need to fill out a medication authorization form and hand it in to the office along with the medication in its original package with dosage amounts and times listed on the bottle - FOR EACH CHILD.  In other words, siblings may not share medication from the same bottle or container, and a parent authorization form is needed for each child.

PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION MUST BE STORED IN OUR SCHOOL OFFICE.  In the case of liquid medication, the family should also provide the means of dispensation (spoon, cup, etc., with the necessary measurements displayed).

Our staff has received the required training to be able to dispense oral medication.

Medication Consent forms can be obtained in the school office or can be downloaded.  There are also forms in the office for carrying an inhaler and an epi pen -- both of which need a physician's signature. Your doctor can fax it to (920)739-4418.

Remember, these policies are currently in effect. If you have any questions, call the school office at (920)-739-4441.

Member of the FVL Schools Educational & Child Care System

More Details