On February 4, 2024, FVL invited 21 students from our 17 FVL Schools and our high school, along with the Board of Regents to turn a shovel, signifying the groundbreaking of our upcoming Timothy Trout Sports Center. We were able to celebrate with Dr. and Mrs. Trout (financial donors of the building), along with about 500 Federation members.
If you were not able to make it, you can watch the service on our YouTube page.
To God be all the glory!
You have an opportunity to play a part in getting the sports center ready for use. The Sports Center is in need of items such as basketball hoops, tennis nets, and portable bleachers. Please check our furnishings web page to see where you can help!
FVL has received a significant gift toward building the Timothy Trout Sports Center and outdoor tennis courts. It will be located to the east of the varsity soccer field. No additional debt will be incurred with this project. Plans are to have these new resources available to our students during the 2024-25 school year. Details and timelines will be shared on this web page as they are finalized.
We are thankful to God for this blessing to FVL's ministry!
Initial project renderings are below. Click on any of the images to see a larger view.
The Facility Includes . . .
- 4 outdoor tennis / pickleball courts
- ~ 43 parking stalls (outdoor)
- 3 indoor tennis / basketball courts
- 2 permanent batting cages
- 3 drop-down batting cages
- 2 golf simulators
- 1 putting green
- 8 changing / restroom spaces
- Lockers (not rooms)
- Storage space(s)
- Electrical and mechanical room
- Janitor closet
Click on the image below to see a larger view.
Planning for Growth
Rising enrollment has initiated the need to prepare for expanded facilities. For over a year, President Loberger has been working with FVL committees and with architects from Somerville to research and develop a tentative Site Plan for the school. Mr. Loberger and the committees worked through a Ministry Growth Plan which took into consideration how rising enrollment numbers will impact all areas of the school and its ministry.
The modifications and additions presented in the drawing are tentative and are designed to help guide decisions as facility changes become necessary to accommodate future growth. A few of the driving concerns considered are listed below.
- INDOOR ATHLETIC FACILITIES - PHY ED CLASSES - Expansion of indoor athletic facilities will increase options and class space for students in their required physical education classes.
- SPRING SPORTS - Spring athletics have a particularly tough time finding adequate practice space in our current building due to Wisconsin's often less-than-friendly spring weather. Increased indoor athletic facilities will provide much-needed practice space for our current teams.
- GROWING TENNIS PROGRAM - Increasing interest in our tennis programs make it cost effective to have courts on campus rather than renting space in off-site facilities.
- NEED FOR PARKING PLACES - Reconfiguration of the parking lot will increase the capacity of our lots, making room for a larger student population and for increased viewers at athletic, theatrical, music, and other events.
- CLASSROOM AND RESTROOM NEEDS - If FVL's growing enrollment continues (see projected numbers below), it will necessitate the addition of classrooms and restrooms so that FVL can continue to provide a quality Christian education to area teens.
Fox Valley Lutheran HS, in partnership with families and Federation churches, provides students with a Christ-centered education, preparing teens for lives of service and for eternity.
The 2022-23 school year saw a record number of students enrolled at FVL. Admission numbers in our Federation PreK-8 schools are on the rise. An increasing number of community members are coming to FVL as freshmen and are transferring in as sophomores, juniors, and even as seniors.
Enrollment is projected to break 800 by 2029-2030 based on current data, but it could reach that as early as 2025-26!
In the below chart, the numbers in boxes are based on nine years of data trends.
Fox Valley Lutheran High School has provided a Christ-centered education to families in the Fox River Valley and around the world since 1953. Over 8,200 graduates have put their faith into action in their chosen professions as called workers, in health care, business, trades, military, and the arts. The FVL family is committed to continuing to serve families for many years to come.