Mr. Joe Blum
Joe is a 2008 FVL graduate and a 2013 MLC graduate, double majoring in elementary education and secondary social studies.
Prior to coming to FVL, Joe taught at Garden Homes Lutheran School in Milwaukee for eight years, where he taught 7th grade, coached soccer, track, and forensics, and ran the character-building program.
Joe and his wife Alysa met at FVL. They have three children: Eliam (5), Raylyn (2), and Silas (11 months).
- Hometown: Bonduel, Wisconsin
- Favorite Bible Passage: 1 Timothy 4:12 - "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, and in purity." Said Joe, "I found it to be a big encouragement for myself and loved to talk about it with my students in Milwaukee."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: "I love spending time outdoors, especially with my family. Things like hiking, biking, running, and kayaking are my favorites. I also like reading and weightlifting."
Mr. Ryan Kirchoff
Ryan graduated from Kettle Moraine Lutheran in 1997, and he graduated from MLC in 2002 with a degree in high school English and social studies. Ryan also completed his Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from Concordia University in Portland in 2017.
Prior to coming to FVL, Ryan served at California Lutheran HS from 2002-2012. There he wore a number of hats, including dorm supervisor, English teacher, and Athletic Director. From 2012-2021, he taught at Divine Savior Academy in Doral, FL. There he mostly taught English and research courses, and also served as Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
Ryan and his wife, Dana, have been married for 17 years. They have two children: Campbell (14, and FVL class of '25) and Ezra (11).
- Hometown: Hustisford, Wisconsin (just outside Watertown)
- Favorite Bible Passage: Proverbs 16:9 - "In their hearts, humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps" Said Ryan, "I love the assurance this passage gives when it comes to God's presence and direction in my life."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: "My favorite sport to play is golf; I played both in high school and college. I also coached varsity golf for the past six years and will serve as an assistant coach at FVL in both the boys and girls programs. I am looking forward to playing most of the courses in the Fox Valley for the first time."
Mr. Brian Kopp
Brian attended Carl Sandburg HS in Orland Park, IL and graduated in 1990. From there, he graduated from Miami University in Oxford, OH in 1993 and from Loyola University in Chicago in 2000. Brian earned his WELS Synod Certification in 2015.
Prior to coming to FVL, Brian worked at several charter schools and one high school in Florida. He then served at Michigan Lutheran Seminary from 2015-2021 as Academic Dean, Registrar, English professor, and English Department Chair.
Brian is married to Cheryl, who has been called to teach 5th grade at Neenah Lutheran School. Together, they have four children: Conor (21), Liam (19), and Elise (18), who all attend Martin Luther College, and Greta (16 and FVL class of '23).
- Hometown: Brian moved more than 30 times and has lived in nine different states! The longest period of time he spent was in the Chicago suburbs.
- Favorite Bible Passage: James 3:17 "But the wisdom that comes from above is first pure, then also peaceful, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, and sincere."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: "I enjoy reading classic literature, playing tennis, spending time in discussions with my family, and playing with my German Shepherd, Saxon. One of my great joys in life is to learn; I simply love learning something new."
Mrs. Christie Buschkopf
Guided Study Hall Instructor
Christie graduated from Manitowoc Lutheran High School in 1996 and later from Wisconsin Lutheran College in 2000. She has served as a substitute teacher and as a volunteer tutor at FVL for the past year.
Christie and her husband, Josh, have two children: Nate (16, FVL class of '23) and Anna (14, future class of '26).
- Hometown: Shirley, WI
- Favorite Bible Passage: Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways, acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: "I enjoy taking walks with our dog, gardening, camping, fishing, and hiking with my family. My family is my greatest blessing and joy. I am enjoying the teenage years with our children with their fun personalities and their activities, as they are both involved in sports and Lutheran Vanguard."
Mrs. Christina Evers
FVL Schools Executive Assistant
Christina is a 2005 graduate from Luther Preparatory School and a 2009 graduate from MLC. Prior to joining the FVLS team, she taught lower grades at Divine Peace in Largo, MD and Martin Luther in Oshkosh. She also worked at the Paine Art Center and Gardens for a few years.
Christina and her husband, Brad, have two children: Eli (8) and Carolina (5).
- Hometown: Watertown, WI
- Favorite Bible Passage: Colossians 2:6-7 "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to walk in him, being rooted and built up in him, and strengthened in the faith just as you were taught, while you overflow in faith with thanksgiving."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: "I love reading and enjoy rating and reviewing books for our Lutheran elementary school library. I also enjoy board games with our kids and finding new trails for my daily walk with our dog, Sharkey."
Mrs. Kristin Fett
Kristin is a 1993 graduate from FVL, and she graduated from UW-Eau Claire in 1998 with a degree in Nursing. Before coming to FVL, Kristin worked as a registered nurse in Labor and Delivery in Bellin Hospital (1998-2004). After becoming a stay-at-home mom for 15 years, she returned to healthcare in the High Risk Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic at Aurora Baycare (2018-present).
Kristin and her husband Ethan have three children: Addison (FVL class of '21, freshman at UW-Madison); Sawyer (class of '23); and Katya (class of '25).
- Hometown: Neenah, WI
- Favorite Bible Passage: Psalm 46:10 - "He says, 'Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.'"
- Talents/Interests/Passions: "I enjoy golfing, fishing, boating, and watching any sport or activity my children are currently involved in."
Mrs. Hope Loescher
Keyboard & Organ Instructor
Hope is an alumna of Lakeside Lutheran High School and Martin Luther College with a degree in Music Education and Elementary Education. She is scheduled to earn her Master's in Church Music from Concordia University this December.
Before coming to the Valley, Hope served as a teacher, choir director, and organist at Peace Lutheran Church in Hartford; as a piano and voice teacher at a studio in Denver, CO; and as a teacher and organist at Morning Star in Jackson.
Hope's husband, Pastor Martin Loescher, is a new graduate from Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary and is serving as the newest pastor at Martin Luther Church in Neenah! The two met at MLC and were married in 2017.
- Hometown: Sun Prairie, WI
- Favorite Bible Passage: Proverbs 3:5 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: "I love anything music-related! When I'm not practicing piano, organ, flute, or voice, I like to read, hike, and bake pies!"
Mrs. Tina Somers
Tina has worn a number of hats over the years. She worked at BMO Financial Trust Services for about 20 years, was a stay-at-home mom, and served as Bookkeeper and Hot Lunch Coordinator at Riverview Lutheran School for nine years.
Tina and her husband Wayne have three children: Julie (31), Karen (FVL class of '25), and Rachel (class of '27).
- Hometown: Appleton, WI
- Favorite Bible Passage: Psalm 118:24 - "The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: "I enjoy camping and reading."
Mrs. Michelle Weller
School Office Assistant
Michelle graduated from UW-Green Bay in 1993 with a degree in Human Development. She received a certificate in Daycare Administration from Milwaukee Area Technical College in 1994.
For the past 20+ years, Michelle has been a stay-at-home mom and homeschool teacher. Prior to that, she taught preschool and early kindergarten at the Gillispie School in LaJolla, CA. Most recently, Michelle worked at the Learning Shop in Appleton.
Michelle and her husband (and very best friend) Paul have four children: Julie (23), Joseph (21), Katie (18, FVL class of '22), and Annabelle (16, FVL class of '23).
- Hometown: Portage, WI
- Favorite Bible Passage: Philippians 1:3-6 - "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: "Spending time with family and pets, travel/road trips, crafting, and Bible art journaling."