Faculty New to FVL
Mrs. Jill Dolan
Fine Arts & PPA Departments
Jill will be teaching Sculpture, Painting, and Personal Finance. She graduated from Concordia in 2000 with a degree in Secondary Education and Broad Field Social Studies. She also earned an Art Education degree from UW-Whitewater in 2017.
Prior to coming to FVL, Jill taught art at Luther Preparatory School and St. John's in Watertown, WI. She also served as the 6th-grade teacher at St. Paul's in Saginaw, MI for 1.5 years.
Jill and her husband Rev. Tim Dolan (pastor at Immanuel-Greenville) have three children: Mikayla & Molli (class of '22) and Elijah (15).
- Hometown: Williamsburg, IA
- Favorite Bible Passage: Philippians 4:8 - "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: Paddleboarding, hiking, kayaking, making art (especially painting), sewing, history & architecture, and visiting art museums
Mr. Paul Hoffman
Network Administrator, STEM Department
Paul will be serving as FVL's Network Administrator and will also be teaching Computer Science and Cybersecurity. Paul is a 1995 alumnus of Martin Luther College with a degree in Elementary Education-Science.
Before accepting his call to FVL, Paul served at St. Paul Lutheran in Appleton; Divine Grace Lutheran in Lake Orion, MI; Trinity Lutheran in Manitowoc; and St. Matthew Lutheran in Benton Harbor, MI.
Paul and his wife Laurie have three children: Brandon (29), Kailey (25), and Jenna (21).
- Hometown: Chandler, AZ
- Favorite Bible Passage: Psalm 23:1 - "The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: Running, woodworking, and camping with his family
Mr. Joshuah Kren
Joshuah will serve in the Science Department and will also help coach football and track & field. He is a 2021 graduate from Martin Luther College.
Joshuah and his fiancé, Halie, were engaged this summer! Halie was called to be an Admissions Counselor at MLC this year.
- Hometown: Waukesha, WI
- Favorite Bible Passage: Romans 8:28 - "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: Sports, including football, baseball, and basketball, deer hunting, fishing, hiking, and listening to music
Dr. Katie Luebke
Dr. Luebke will be teaching in FVL's English Department and helping mentor the Peer Leadership Group.
Dr. Luebke comes to FVL with a wealth of knowledge, earning her BS in Education & Mathematics from MLC in 2002; her Masters in Curriculum and Instruction from St. Mary's University in 2006; and her Doctorate in Educational Leadership from Concordia University in 2019.
Prior to her arrival to FVL, Dr. Luebke also taught at Wisconsin Lutheran College (Milwaukee); Bryant and Stratton College (Milwaukee); Rufus King HS (Milwaukee); Wisconsin Lutheran HS (Milwaukee); East Fork Lutheran HS (Whiteriver, AZ); and Oshkosh North HS.
She and husband Chris have six children: Steven (27), Josephine (22), Noelle (16), Annaliese (14), Isabella (12), and Triah (8 years).
- Hometown: Redlands, CA
- Favorite Bible Passage: Romans 8:38-39 - "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: Reading, sewing, long walks, and spending time with her family
Mrs. Aimee Melso & Mr. Kyle Melso
Aimee and Kyle were married this past summer.
Mrs. Melso - Science Department
Aimee will teach Physical Science and Biology and help coach Cross Country and Track & Field. She earned a dual degree in Elementary Education & Secondary Life Science from Martin Luther College in 2017 and her Masters in Curriculum Development and Instructional Technology from the University at Albany in 2021.
Previously, Aimee taught at St. John's Lutheran in Antigua and Trinity Lutheran in Aberdeen, SD.
- Hometown: Mechanicville, NY
- Favorite Bible Passage: Isaiah 40:31 - "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: Running, hiking, reading, cooking, crafting, traveling
Mr. Melso - World Languages & Social Studies Departments
Kyle will serve as a Spanish and History teacher at FVL. He earned his degree from Martin Luther College in Secondary Spanish Education in 2017.
Previously, Kyle taught in Milwaukee and at California Lutheran High School.
- Hometown: Wisconsin Rapids, WI
- Favorite Bible Passage: 2 Corinthians 5:15 - "And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: Golfing, cooking, reading, watching movies, and traveling
Mrs. Renee Pastorek
Renee will be serving in FVL's Student Services Department. She is a 2005 alumnus of Martin Luther College with a degree in High School English.
Renee taught at St. Paul in Fort Atkinson from 2005-2017 and then at St. John in Wauwatosa from 2017-2022. She and her husband Matthew have three children: Evan (13), Dylan (10), and Mikayla (8 years).
- Hometown: West Allis, WI
- Favorite Bible Passage: Philippians 4:6 - "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: Hiking, bicycling, photography, road trips, & puzzles
Mrs. Katie Stein
Katie will be serving in the Student Services Department and teaching Algebra 1 and Individualized Basic Math. She will also be helping coach the track & field team. She graduated from Bethany Lutheran College this past spring with a degree in Special Education.
Katie was married to her husband Matthew (son of new FVL arrivals Mark & Melissa Stein) this past summer.
- Hometown: Manitowoc, WI
- Favorite Bible Passage: Psalm 25:5 - "Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: "I love hanging out with family and friends. I also enjoy cross country and track."
Mr. Mark Stein
Athletic Director & Religion Department
Mark serves as FVL's Athletic Director and will also be teaching Old Testament. He graduated from Martin Luther College in 1992 and earned his Masters in Education Administration from Capella University.
Prior to coming to FVL, Mark served at St. Peter Lutheran in Freedom, Wisconsin Lutheran High School in Milwaukee, Shoreland Lutheran High School in Somers, and Martin Luther College.
Mark and his wife, Melissa, have three children: Megan Proeber (28), Mariah Babinec (26), and Matthew (23).
- Hometown: Crete, IL
- Favorite Bible Passage: Philippians 1:21 - "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: Athletics, golf, and yard work
New Part-Time Faculty
Mr. Nathan Schleef
Nathan has been serving as FVL's Media Center Supervisor for the past year. This year, he was installed to teach Latin 1 in addition to his duties in the Media Center and library.
Mr. Gregg Schreiber
New Staff Members
Mrs. Rose Heimmermann
Rose serves as the new Admissions Office Assistant. She earned her degree in Education from UW-Oshkosh.
Rose worked at both the Kaukauna Public Library as the Youth Services Librarian and Wrightstown Middle School as the Library Aide before accepting her position at FVL.
She and her husband Andrew have one son, Oliver (6).
- Hometown: Wrightstown, WI
- Favorite Bible Passage: Matthew 6:34 - "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: "I love to spend time with my son and family. We are always on an exciting adventure of some sort! I also love to read. I am very creative and spend time scrapbooking, card making, and sewing."
Mr. Matthew Schlueter
Matthew serves as FVL's new Facilities Assistant. He and his wife, Christina, have four children: Jack (14), Wyatt (13), Oliver (12), and Maggie (10).
- Hometown: Sun Prairie, WI
- Favorite Bible Passage: Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all this through him who gives me strength."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: Watching, coaching, & playing baseball; building & fixing things; cooking
Mrs. Melissa Stein
Mission Advancement Office
Melissa serves as the new Mission Advancement Assistant.
Melissa earned her Associate's Degree from the University of South Dakota in 1990. Before her arrival at FVL, she served as the Executive Administrative Assistant at Martin Luther College.
Melissa and husband Mark have three children: Megan Proeber (28), Mariah Babinec (26), and Matthew (23).
- Hometown: Watertown, SD
- Favorite Bible Passage: Jeremiah 29:11 - "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
- Talents/Interests/Passions: Reading, playing games, doing different kinds of puzzles
Mrs. Heather Vadala
Heather serves in a new position at FVL as the Commons Supervisor. She is a graduate from Winnebago Lutheran Academy.
She and husband Lou have four children: Matt, Sophia (FVL class of '22), Ike (class of '25), and Frank (7th grader at Riverview Lutheran School in Appleton).
- Hometown: Eldorado, WI
- Favorite Bible Passage: Proverbs 14:30 - "A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones."
- Talents/Interests/Passions: "I enjoy reading and hanging out with my family. We are enjoying spending lots of time at the football field this time of year with two football players. Go Foxes, and Go Saints!"
Additional New Faces!
Mrs. Stacey Kraus
Piano & Organ Instructor
Stacey was independently contracted to teach piano lessons at FVL. She has been teaching, accompanying, and performing on the piano for over 20 years and serves as the president of the Fox Valley Music Teachers Association. Stacey recently completed her national certification as a music educator through the Music Teachers National Association.
She and her husband, Aaron, have two daughters: Lillian (13) and Lydia (11).